Ten

You sat on the floor drunk and angry.

How could he cheat on you?

You gave him your happiness, your joy, your fears, your anger, your heart, your mind, your body, your soul, your good times, your bad times and your love.

All he gave you in return was heartbreak.
Excruciating heartbreak and lies.

You knew something was off about Claire from the Captain America dinner. You just thought she was cranky.

Little did you know.

Although you were only 24 Damien was the person you thought you'd spend the rest of your life with.

You always talked about the kids you'd have. Stephanie, David and Luke.

Luke would play football whereas David would be more studious and artsy. Stephanie would love going to the mall and hanging out with her friends and inevitably fall in love with the bad boy quarterback.

But he ruined your future.

You groaned and laid down in a ball and fell asleep.

You woke up to knocking on the door.

You let out another groan and sat up wiping the sleep out of your eyes.

Having fell asleep after 3 am you knew you had probably missed work and somebody had come to check on you.

There was another knock and you climbed off of their floor and dragged your feet to the entrance.

It was Cap and Bucky.

You looked at them through squinted eyes as the light nearly blinded you.

"Jesus Penny." Steve began,"What happened?"

You said nothing but stepped aside so they could come in.

They looked around, saw the blanket on the floor along with a pillow and an empty bottle of vodka.

In the kitchen there were a few broken dishes.

Steve walked over to you and placed his hands on your shoulders.

"What happened?" He asked again.

You shrugged and walked over sitting on the couch.

"This isn't like you." Steve spoke again.

You stayed silent feeling like a scolded child.

"We went to go see you at your office but your receptionists said you hadn't come in and you weren't answering your phone." Steve took a seat next to you on the couch while Bucky just stood helplessly watching.

"Talk to me. I'm worried about you."

You gave a dry laugh.

"Please." He prompted.

You sighed.
"Damien cheated on me."

"Geez Penny. I'm so sorry."

"Aren't we all."

"That's awful. You deserve better."

"Thanks." You responded emotionlessly.

Steve looked away at Bucky who was still silent.

"Let me clean up and I'll go get some lunch." Steve added.

You looked at him.
"Lunch? What time is it?"