Twenty Seven

That was unexpected.

Bucky just admitted that he loved you.

You were speechless.

"You-you don't have to say anything. I know you may not feel the same way but I just wanted to te-"

"I love you too." You cut him off. He abruptly stoped talking.

"What?"

You smiled,"I said I love you too Bucky."

"What?" He was clearly taken aback,"You really mean that?"

You nodded excitedly.

"Really? Like love me? More than a friend or a person?"

"How about I word this better," you began, taking a big exaggerated breath,"I am in love with you Bucky Barnes."

He smiled so wide you thought his face would explode.

"I am so in love with you Penelope Cannes."

You pouted,"Hey, you can't one up me like that."

He shrugged and smiled,"Well too bad."

The room was silent as Bucky fell deep into thought.

You placed a small hand over his metal one,"What is it love?"

His lip twitched into a smile for a second.
"I..you're the first woman I've ever loved."

Your heart nearly exploded.
You didn't know if you were happy or scared.

One the one hand, you were his first and it made you feel special.

On the other hand you were his first and you didn't want to ruin any thing for him.

"Really Buck?" You gave his hand a squeeze.

He faintly smiled,"No one has ever been as special as you. You're my dream girl doll and here you are right in front of me and I don't know what to do but love you. It's scary but it's exciting. I know you're hurt and what Damien did to you still haunts you and I want to be the one to fix it but I don't know how." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair,"I want to take away all of your problems, I want to make you feel like the princess that you are, I want to make you feel as beautiful as you are, I want you to see yourself how I see you, an absolute goddess. I want you to have a smile permanently on that gorgeous face." He smiled then frowned,"But I don't know how. I'm a killing machine. A soldier. I don't know how to make you happy. But I will never stop trying and if you'll have me I want you to be mine. Mine. Only mine. I want you all to myself. Will you be my girl Penny?"

Your heart soared. His whole speech was incredibly endearing. He thought so highly of you, you were speechless.

"Yes Bucky! Yes yes yes!" You excitedly threw your arms around his neck.

He squeezed you tight.
"God you're so perfect." He whispered into your hair while he held you.

You pulled away and looked at Bucky who was smiling at you.
"You don't know how happy you've made me James."

He pulled you in and kissed you.

The rest of the night you and Bucky couldn't stop kissing each other.

You didn't want the moment to end.

It was perfect. He was perfect.

--------------

Bucky's POV

She said yes.

Holy shit.

She said yes.

That's so unbelievable.

She was so perfect.

So beautiful, smart, funny, kind, caring and loving.

She was also so hurt, afraid, tired and anxious.

I wanted to fix all of her problems.

I also wanted to break Damien's neck for laying a hand on my perfect doll.

I saw a scar on her stomach one day. I didn't want to ask her and upset her but I was almost certain Damien had done that to her.

I looked down at her and I held her in my arms.

She looked like and angel.

I loved watching her do little tasks where she was so out of touch with the things around her.

She would bite her lip and her brows would lightly furrow when he was really focused.

I could see the line between her eyebrows from this angle it was adorable.

She deserved better. But she didn't want better. She wanted me. That made me happy. Very happy. I haven't been happy since the 40's.

It was a distant feeling. A nice feeling.

She made me feel things other than anger, sadness and self loathing.

After a few minutes I heard her heavy breathing.

She was asleep.

I picked her up and carried her over to her bedroom and laid her on the large bed.

I pulled the covers over her and leaned in kissing her forehead.

She lightly smiled and rolled over.

I walked back into the kitchen and blew out all the candles.

Sure, she loved me now but I'm not too sure she would if I let her house burn down.

I smiled to myself.

After that I cleaned the dishes and kitchen before making my way to the living room and blowing out all of the candles there.

I collected the sheets and neatly folded them and placing them in the closet along with the pillows.

After everything was clean I went back to the bedroom.

Penny's phone was lit up.

It was late.

You saw that she had a voicemail.

You pressed the button to hear it thinking it could be news from Steve.

Hello, Penelope. This is district attorney Lewis. I was calling to inform you that all of the charges against Damien Walker have been dropped. He will be released from jail tomorrow afternoon. If you want you can file a restraining order so he may not be allowed to come within a certain distance of you. I'm sorry if this is not the news you wanted but there is nothing we can do at this point. If you still feel that he is dangerous please keep an eye out for him. Thank you for your cooperation on the case I know it wasn't easy for you. If you have any further questions please give me a call at this number. Thank you, goodbye.

Yay another chapter filled with fluffy, sappy Bucky. Speaking of, I tried my best writing his POV. Let me know what you think? More Bucky POV? Less Bucky POV? Idk. Make sure to vote and leave feedback. Have a great day lovelies.❤️