Chapter 13: My True Home

A few days passed since the successful rescue mission, and everything had returned to normal. Although, I knew I had to tell Italy about how I really got here: the poster in the wall, the portal, my friends following me here, everything had to come out. It was dark outside as the full moon glowed in the window and I sat on the bed with Italy. "Hey... honey," I started. "I feel like I have to tell you something." Italy looked at me, a look of concern on his face as I continued. That night, he learned everything about my past for the first time. How I went through the portal with Angelica, how Tatum followed as well as Maya, and even why I never missed home. "My living conditions were horrible; a small apartment by a busy street, and not much money. The only way to get cash was to work at this dingy bar as a waitress. Men would harass me, my co-workers were rude, and the customers were demanding. How did I survive? My friends were with me; U.I.T., Definya, and Maytalia, but back then there names were Angelica, Tatum, and Maya." I continued until everything came off my chest. I looked to Italy, who thought about what I told him. "I know that was a lot to take in, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner-" he cut me off by giving me a strong hug.

"You poor thing! I'm glad you are here now. Now I can take care of you and treasure you and treat you well; even more than I already was!" He smiled at me as his lips pressed against mine gently.

"You aren't mad at me for not telling you all of this sooner? Or maybe before we got married?" I asked, perplexed. He shook his head as he held me close.

"You were afraid I wouldn't believe you, but I know every word is true if you waited this long." Italy replied.

"I'm just glad you still love me." I sighed in relief.

"Ve~! I will always love you, bella!" Italy chirped as we snuggled on the bed.

"I never want to go back there." I told him. "My True home will always be right here, in Golden Fox Republic, with you."

-------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Golden Fox here. I want you all to know that this fanfiction is almost over. There are only a couple chapters left, and I'm so sad! But I hope that you will all enjoy the other fanfics I've written after this ends. Please vote, comment, and enjoy! ~goldenfox007, the kawaii author~chan