Chapter 8

Dedicated to sanuprins and @Princessbreeze

Zayaan touched his cheek and looked at me in shock. He hadn't expected it coming nor do i.

''I...I'm...so..sorry.'' My voice came out crooked. He gave me that loathing look that I got frightened of whatever was going to come next.

''Hey, you two! I got these pins there.'' Sameera came out towards us, and I sobered myself.

''What happened?'' She asked looking me and then Zayaan.

''Nothing! It's getting late, get in the car.'' He moved quickly and started the car, I jumped at the backseat, different emotions swirling my treacherous heart. The whole car ride, it was only Sameera who was speaking. I was just glancing outside, not sure of what to do now. What he would do now? Tell everyone? But what?

Sudden halt of the car fetched me out of my thoughts. We've reached our place. Sameera was the first one to climb out and hopped towards the house. I moved out at a slow pace.

''Zayaan, I'm......'' He speeder his car and went into thin air.

Was it me at the fault? O Allah! Help me.

All the elders were sitting in the living area, noises could tell they were enjoying each other's company. But I want my time alone, in the room, all by myself, my mind is flustered and I'm not good at masking my emotions. So, after doing salam, I started moving towards the staircase to head to my room.

Please don't call me!

''Seher!''

Shit!!

It was Aunt Ammara.

I hummed my response. She gestured me to sit beside her. Suddenly, everyone's attention was on me. Could this get any worse?

''I have a serious topic to discuss with you.'' What? Everyone knows about it. I'm gone now. How could Zayaan be so imbecile? Now, they'll always doubt me.

''Umm...Seher, you know this happens to everyone. I'm so glad for you.'' I looked at her unaware of what she's talking about.

''But we'll not go ahead without consulting you. Ana came today, and she asked for your hand in marriage for Zayaan.'' If i were alone, I would have freaked out scratching my head and doing all those stupid things.

''Think about it, child. But we all think it's the best for you. I know Zayaan since he was a child and I haven't witnessed anything wrong about him. He's a gem. One day or the other, you'll get married, so why not now? When the opportunity is so marvellous. Go freshen up, sleep well and think about it.'' I nodded and head towards my room, with a new flurry of emotions. What's going to happen now? If today's incident won't have happened, I would have been jubilant by now. But, now I feel myself low and depressed. He would refuse now, after what happened today. My decision doesn't matter, he would refuse himself, I know, he'll refuse.