Chapter18

Today, I'm feeling lazy to go to the mosque and also, it's drizzling outside. I spread my praying mat in my room, and began my salah.

Seher hasn't woke up till now, she'll miss her salah. Maybe I should try waking her up once again.

''Seher! You'll miss your salah, wake up.'' I stood close to her sofa.

''I'm not well.'' Came her reply in a whisper.

''What's the problem? Do you wanna see a doctor?'' I was worried for her. She wasn't even opening her eyes while  talking.

''No...it's completely fine.....'' With that sentence hanging in the air, she pulled out of her blanket and rushed towards the bathroom keeping a hand on her mouth. I waited for her to come outside.

''I'm calling Ruby, your condition doesn't look good.'' 

''There's no need for that, I can handle this.'' She took her pillow and blanket and started to move towards the door.

''It's not the best time to argue, look at yourself, you look drained.'' Why is being a stubborn lass?

''Zayaan, I said there's nothing to worry. It's my time of the month and I know very well to deal with it. I hope you know, what I mean.'' She gave me that unusual look that said now-don't-ask-anything. I processed the new information to comprehend what she means, after a couple of seconds of analyzing, it hit me. I flushed and checked the date on my phone, I need to remember from the next time.

''Do you need anything?'' I asked out of concern.

''Loneliness.'' I let her go to her room and took my laptop to do the task which I have been forgetting from days.

Seher's POV:

Now, I'm feeling myself. These days, uggh! I hate them. I was laying on my stomach since I don't know. I stood up, went to the bathroom and changed into new clothes. After changing, I came out to brush my hair. What a mess I look! What Zayaan would have thought about me? Messy, stupid and zombie.

''This is for you.'' He slid a small bag towards me on the dining table.  I eyed an eyebrow questioning him. In return, he gestured eith hus hands to open and see it myself. I took a tissue to wipe my hands and opened the bag to find a phone, a freaking iPhone7. I jumped with excitement seeing the silver colored object in my hand.

''Wow, it's the latest, i guess.'' I don't know much about phones, boy! i didn't own one till now. Though Sameera had her personal phone, but it was no fun using someone else's phone.

''Yea...It's quite necessary to have this gadget. Some contacts I've already saved.'' He spoke, his face rested on his hands lazily. The way he was looking me made my face go red. I tried to avoid his constant stare by swiping through the different icons, but I couldn't deny his stare is much more intimidating than him.

''Give your new friend some rest and eat your food.'' He has finished his plate and was now ready to leave. I dollowed his instructions and kept my phone back in its box and continued with eating.

''You know how to use it?'' He asked rhetorically and I rolled my eyes at him. What he thinks of me?

''I'm not illiterate. I can very well understand each and every function by myself without asking a moron for help.'' Yay! Finally I said something. His eyebrows twitched hearing my cheeky reply and he smirked.

''I was just asking, no need to get all defensive, Miss Clumsy.'' Hearing him say that to me, my heart started beating faster. After a whole month, I heard that nickname from his mouth. The old Zayaan.

He left me captured in my old sweet memories, giving a seed of hope.

The whole day was spent with my new friend, understanding its functions. I called Saffiyah, Ufaq and Sameera. By having a conversation with Sameera, I realised how much I miss her. They went back to a week after my wedding. How could I forget them? They were mY family. I wondered when I'll be meeting them again.

Zayaan will be going to Canada next week for one whole month. I'm already upset thinking about that.  Though we didn't share a perfect relationship till now, but I have become accustomed to his presence, his mocking replies and everything about him. I'm sure, he's gonna be ecstatic by the fact that he would get more of his privacy without me intruding all the time.

We both are invited for dinner by Aunt Ammara. Zayaan is waiting for me to get ready. I dressed in a white colored tunic with flowers print at the bottom. I coupled it with my navy blue trousers and a blue hijab. I put some mascara and nude pink lipstick. Slipping my watch on my wrist, I went out. He was leaning on the car, his eyes busy on his phone's screen. As usual, he's looking dashing and handsome and cute and sexy and......Stop it, Seher!

I coughed to get his attention. He looked up lazily and then back on his phone as if he didn't noticed my presence but then he snapped his head up so fast, staring shamelessly at me. It's not he is a pervert or anything, he's my husband and he has the right to check me out. I looked to the ground, his burning gaze was making it difficult to breathe evenly.

''Are you planning to stand there the whole night?'' I saw him standing at the driver's side with the car door half opened. Huh! What I was expecting. Not even a word of appreciation.  I stomped towards the passenger side,what a gentleman he is! He can't even hold the door open for me. I busied myself in my phone texting Ufaq that we are en route. The weather was windy and cloudly. It may rain tonight. I was going to turn it off when it beeped indicating a message.

''Looking beautiful ;-) '' It was from Zayaan. I snapped my head towards him. He was busy driving. How could he text?

''I guess it's not expensive to say it with your mouth to the person directly instead of texting.'' I replied, and glanced at Zayaan. His phone beeped on the dashboard but he acted innocent.  I typed another text and meanwhile, I got a text from him. I glanced at him again, he's too quick.

''Someone quoted texting is fun.'' I realised it was me, who said that to him yesterday.

''It's not safe to use your phone while driving.'' I replied. This time, I saw him typing.

''It's not safe when a wife knows her husband is going to drive and she came out all dressed to kill.:-\ '' Color rose to my cheeks and I turned my phone Off, diverting all my attention outside the car window, suddenly feeling double conscious of myself. My heart thumping wildly in my chest.