Chapter12

I am finally at my new home with Zayaan. It's totally different from my previous one. The interiors were a combination of white and beige color. Aunt Ana and Saffiyah toured me around the house and constantly reminding me to make myself home. 

''Kitchen has all the things required, if you wanna cook and house maid will be coming daily for the chorus, okay?'' Aunt Ana told me she will be staying at Saffiyah's helping her with the small child.

''You should only concentrate on your hubby now.'' Saffiyah said in a hushed tone, winking at the same time. The color of my cheeks would have become red, I guess.

''Umm.. That room has your belongings. '' He said pointing to the door in front of his room.

''Uhh...'' He cut me off.

''Yes, you'll be living there and me here. I'm sure you're aware of the word privacy. I just can't let anyone in my space.'' He said monotonously. Not like the Zayaan I've known.

''I'm not anyone... I'm your wife now. I respect your privacy and I'll not question anything. '' I spoke confidently though I was hurt seeing him behave like this.

''Great then.'' He strode inside his room and I retired to mine. The elegant room not making it comfortable for me after seeing my husband's rude behavior.

I took a shower and stood for prayer, making up the prayers that I've missed. After closing the lights, I rested my head on the pillow trying to sleep.......trying. I haven't been alone at night, Sameera and me used to share our room. How I'm going to sleep in this new place alone? Failure to get sleep, I switched ON the lights, and just stared at the different things in the room.

Quarter to three, and I've made my study on that golden table lamp, the bedsheets, the silk curtains, the dresser and it's contents and some more objects.

I yawned, doing wudhu to pray tahajjud. If I'm awake at night, I should make use of it. After doing wudhu, I came out of the bathroom, my eyes screaming to get some sleep and so I landed on my bed with a thud in whatever position, I just don't care for anything at this moment.

Lazily getting up, I stretched my arms and glanced at the clock for the time. Shoot! Half past ten. Why am I a heavy sleeper? Back then, Sameera used to wake me up by her inane tricks but here... I sighed and rushed to the bathroom.

Taking a shower, I thought to myself, why to hurry? Duh! I don't have to go to office nor there's Aunt here who would scream my name at the top of her lungs.

What Zayaan could be doing? Is he awake or sleeping? With these thoughts in my mind, I came out of my room. Whether I should knock or not? I was standing outside his room. What if I knock and disturb his sleep? He likes to have his space. And so, I moved towards the kitchen.

''Good morning,madame.'' It might be the house maid.

''Good morning. You?'' The lady looked in her mid thirties.

''I'm Afifa, I work here from eight to two.'' She beamed her reply.

''Oh. I'm Seher.''

''You are the wife of Mr.Zayaan. You are too pretty, madame.'' She was cleaning the glass table while I moved inside the kitchen giving her a grin.

Breakfast was already there. So, he has already taken.

''Afifa.'' I called her.

''You prepared it?''

''Its my job, madame. But most of the time Ana madame used to cook.'' I nodded and she went back.