Chapter10

Seher's POV:

All happened so quickly the following days. After hearing my decision, Aunt Ammara called Aunt Ana, she came without delay and there was an aura of glee running in the house. I didn't know that elders could be so excited for my marriage, it brings me to think that Allah took my parents but granted me with these lovely kindred. So, the wedding ceremony was fixed two weeks from now. Zayaan hasn't refused so it means he realised what I did was on an impulse. But deep down, there was an insecure feeling reminding me that anything could happen in between.

I was glancing at the wedding albums of Ufaq when my eyes caught the piece of my embarrassment, it was a photo taken on the wedding day, I was standing behind The newly wedded couple and Oh my gosh! I was looking at Zayaan and he was looking at me and we are standing at a close proximity. Hope no one notices it.

As the wedding day was coming near, there was an alien feeling in the pit of my stomach, just the wedding jitters, I guess. There was no show of Zayaan the whole time. Meanwhile, I got to know about His family, he has an elder sister, Saffiyah, who came to meet me and I found her really amicable plus she has a three months old cute baby, Rahil . I am already in love with the baby boy.

Tomorrow is a new day for me, a new start, my wedding. After praying Isha accompanied with extra nafl prayers, I went to bed.

''Do you Zayaan Qureyshi, son of Abdullah Qureshi accept Seher Asad as your wife?'' There was silence from hid side. I wondered why he's not saying anything. Fear gripped my heart, tears on the verge of flowing. And then, his voice came as my worst nightmare shattering me from inside with a flow of salty water from my pleading eyes.

''I refuse.''

''No!'' I screamed loudly, and woke up.

I was in my bed, I realised it was just a nightmare, I wiped the beads of sweat from my forehead and took my hijab, wrapping it loosely around my head. I went to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water, careful to not make a sound which will disturb other's sleep.

''Seher?'' I heard Zain's voice. He was standing at the entrance of the kitchen.

''I came for water.'' I answered and he nodded.

''Hey, nervous for tomorrow?''

''A lil bit.''

''Don't worry, stay cool. Zayaan's a nice guy, perfect for you. I'm glad you're gonna marry him.'' He said with a smile. I smiled in response.

''Go and have a nice sleep, no groom would want his wife to yawn on their wedding ceremony.''

''Okay! Okay! I'm going. And Zain, thanks for the advice. He moved away from the door letting me to move out.

Zain has been my best buddy in my childhood whenever I used to come here. I remember the tines when we both role played husband and wife in every game. But as we grew up, time changed so do our relationship. But still, he us one of my best friend. We didn't talk much now, but we share a friendly relationship.