Druggie at the Clubby

Chapter Two

It's been a month and things are... surprisingly good. Conner has been sweet and shockingly attentive. Izzy and I suddenly spend every moment of every day together. Shopping and the color pink are passions we seem to share. The friendship that we've developed wasn't something I'd ever shared with anyone. There was something calming about knowing that there was someone in your corner.  

I'd begun to settle in here at Dover High School and it's bringing forward a whirlwind of emotions. Emotions that I constantly force myself to push back down and decide to focus my attention on the new people in my life that oddly enough bring me, dare I say it, joy. 

The Morning of

"Conner that's the wrong answer," I say giggling quietly.

"No, it's not because it's right in my mind." I bite my lip to keep from laughing giving him a pointed look.

"Conner."

"Ok." He says and then the bell rings. We pack up our things and head out of class. "So my sister tells me you are coming over today?"

"Yeah, I'm staying over, I'm giving her a ride home so you can have the car all to yourself. Take Amy out or something." He stops and laughs. "What?" I ask turning to him.

"Amy and I have been over since tenth grade. She just never got over me." Can someone say obsessed? 

"Oh...I just thought that since she hates me so much that it was because we're friends and-"

"So you consider me as a friend now?" I laugh and look at my pink ankle boots.

"I guess."

"Admit it you love me." I shake my head.

"So your sister and I are going to this club tonight," I say desperately trying to change the subject. Thankfully he takes the bate and starts walking again and I follow.

"Am I not invited?"

"No you are, but were taking Charlotte and I wouldn't want your image to be ruined." He laughs.

"How about I drive my car then." I smile and he smiles back at me. There's just something about those eyes I swear. I'm constantly getting lost. I know what I said no attachments, but I'm getting attached to Conner and Izzy... they're special. They make me feel special and as though I matter. 

"Hi," Amy says interrupting our moment. "Samantha, Conner. It's nice to see you here." God, I swear she's so polite it's eerie.

"Amy," Conner says.

"Hi," I say flatly. "I have to go." I walk around them and start to my class.

"Sam wait," Conner says catching up with me. "Where are you going?" I turn around and see Amy looking really pissed just standing there watching us. I sort of wanna stick my tongue out, but I don't.

"To class and speaking of it, yours is the other way."

"I thought I'd walk you." He says smiling. "I mean if you want me to."

"You really don't have to walk me."

"I insist." I hesitate for a moment before just continuing. We walk to class in content silence.

After School

I find Izzy later and we walk to my car to head back to her house. "God Sam that shirt is to die for," She says admiring my floral pink lace cami. She has me do a couple of spins before I notice her shoes. 

"I love your shoes."  Again pink and black peep-toe heels. "Please strut honey!" I yell. She takes off into the middle of the parking lot and gives me her best Tyra impression.