It Ends Tonight

Chapter Fourteen

I wake up with the worst hangover in the entire universe. It feels like someone is sticking nails in my head. I only remember bits and peaces of last night. I remember falling from a tree and a beach and some guy. I get up go downstairs and find my mom reading the paper. I get a glass and drink some water.

"Morning honey." I wince. Why is she yelling? My head is pounding.

"Stop yelling." She laughs. I wince and drink more water.

"I take it you got drunk last night, because I wasn’t yelling and Conner brought you home claiming you fell asleep in the car, but you reeked of beer and vodka. Still do." I frown. She opens the cabinet and slams it.

"Mom!"

"That should teach you to a lesson. Don’t go out and get drunk. Anything could have happened to you Sam. They still haven’t caught that Brian kid."

"Your not mad?" I ask.

"Nope. It’s not the first time I’ve caught you with a hangover. I’m just glad that this time you had someone that I find responsible to bring you home. I’m not going to yell at you because you eighteen and I just don’t feel like it. Just be responsible." I nod. "Drink lots of water. I have to get ready for work." I smile and nod and she runs upstairs. I chug more water and then I hear the doorbell. I go and answer it and it’s Is and Conner.

"You, I think I should be mad at." I say to Is. She hands me my keys and gives me a sheepish look. "I hear you left me, drunk and alone last night. What happened to my driver?"

"You remember last night?" Conner asks.

"Not really, why are you here?" I ask. "Forget it. You," I say pointing to Is. "I am not speaking to you and you," I say looking at Conner. "I defiantly don’t want to speak to."

"I didn’t leave you alone you disappeared with Frank and then you came out and then you found me and then you left again with another guy and then…well New Years hit and after I got done making out with Gavin I went to look for you and I thought that you were with another guy so Gavin and I went to grab something to eat and then I came back and I really couldn’t find you."

"Yeah sure." I role my eyes. "I have a very, very bad hangover so I really need a Tylenol or something."

"Got you covered." Is says handing me two of them. "Can you start speaking to me again because I really want to hear about last night. Plus I need coffee." I open the door wider and she jets inside.

"Now why did you come?" I ask Conner folding my arms over my chest.

"You told me to." I raise both of my eyebrows. "Can we talk where Is isn’t listening." I role my eyes and sigh dramatically. "Five minutes." I nod and step outside and shut the door behind me.

"Four." He nods.

"I guess I disserve that. Here goes nothing. You told me to come here last night even thou you wouldn’t remember anything in the morning. You bitched at me and then you forgave me…we’ll not really you could barley remember who I was. I brought you your jacket, Is will tell you were you left it." I nod. "It would be so much easier if you could remember. Um, you climbed a tree, jumped down I caught you, you ran out to the beach and my sister is the reason you got drunk." He sighs at the fact that none of this amuses me. "I know you are only going to tell me to go away, but I want a chance to explain things to you, so please just meet with me later. You pick the time and the place." I shake my head no. "Just think about it and then call me."

"Ok." He kisses my forehead and then heads back to his car. I go inside and shut the door. I go into the kitchen and look at Is.

"You two made up yet?" She asks.