Getting to You

Chapter Twelve

When I open my eyes I'm in a hospital bed. I look around and then a lady comes in. "Oh good your awake." She goes back out and my mom comes in. "Well we got her test results and she has high levels of Rohypnol in her system, mixed with alcohol. That's even more dangerous." My mom nods. "Do you remember anything?" She asks.

"No."

"You have a few bruised ribs, your face is a little bruised and so is your neck, but you should be fine and as for the panic attacks just less stress." I smile and nod. "Now we need your permission to have a rape kit done. Your eighteen so your mom can't consent."

"You think he rapped me?" She nods.

"He rapped Amy multiple times and she can't remember any of it. She was drugged for most of the time. She doesn't really remember anything." I frown. "She's fine thou."

"Ok." I say. "You can do it." She smiles and nods.

"Your clothes are evidence so your mom will bring you new ones. The police would like to speak with you after the rape kit is done and then you can have visitors." I nod.

When were done the determination is that I was raped. Yay for me. The police come in and they sit down.

"Do you remember us?" The blonde detective asks. "I'm Carlson and he's Hudson." I nod. "Now we want to talk to you about you and Amy being kidnapped and this Brian character."

"You didn't catch him?" I ask.

"No." Hudson says. I sigh and shake my head. "Now were did you meet Brian?"

"At a club. I was out with Conner and Isabel and I was at the bar and he offered to buy me a drink. I said yes. He bought me Gin, I drunk it and about a half hour later I started to feel like I was drunk. Like really drunk, but I can't remember anything after that. Except for Conner driving me home."

"So Conner saved you?" I nod. "Why didn't you tell anybody."

"Because I didn't think it was a big deal. I never thought I'd see the guy again."

"You were drugged and almost rapped in an alley." Hudson says while Carlson just takes notes. "Yeah we spoke to Conner."

"So." I say.

"Now after that your mother start to date his dad." I nod. "Ironic, don't you think."

"Very ironic." I say in a snippy voice. "Are you implying that I had something to do with Amy being kidnapped, drugged, and raped?"

"It's a possibility." I laugh a little.

"You want proof. Dump my phone and look at the text messages he sent me. Go through my room and look at the notes he left me. You remember that bruise on my face?" I ask. He nods. "He put it there. Don't you dare accuse me of having anything to do with this. Yes it's my fault she got kidnapped, but it's also her own. He said no one hurts me, but him."

"He kidnapped her because she was being mean?" I nod. "So he's been harassing you mentally and physically." I nod. "Why didn't you tell?"

"Because I was scared. He threatened my friends and my mom. I freaked."

"We just want to help." Carlson says.

"If you want to help find the son of a bitch and put him in jail. He's been making my life hell. He's hurt and bleeding. Before Amy and I got away I stabbed him." He nods and Carlson writes it down.

"We will have police cars on your house, the Cranes, and Amy's." I nod. "He will not get to any of you. You are perfectly safe." I nod. "How did you guys get out?"