Caught

Chapter Eleven

When I spot Conner. I drop my bags run and jump on him, wrapping my legs around his waist. "I missed you." I say in between kisses. He puts me down and laughs.

"I missed you to." He says kissing me again. "You look like you have more bags than you did going in." I smile and nod. "You do?"

"Yeah, I bought my mom a luggage set for Christmas. It's what she wanted." He laughs and helps me with my bags. "I've been having trouble with all this stuff ever since I got it." He laughs and we both struggle to the car. When my stuff is all in I ditch the jacket and the sweater. "Stand outside of the car I need to change."

"Serious?" I nod. "Ok." I get in and I put on the dress Lily bought me and a pair of black pumps with a t-strap on the front. I get out of the car and ruffle my hair.

"Ready." I say smiling.

"You look great. New dress? I can't tell, everything you wear is new." I stick my tongue out and he smiles.

"Yes new dress." He nods in approval. "So do I get my gifts now or what."

"Who said anything about more than one." I bite my lip and turn away from him laughing. I get into the car. "So where's my gift?"

"You get it when we get back to my house it's in my bags." He smiles and starts the car. He leans over and opens the glove department and pulls out a box wrapped in pink wrapping paper. He hands it to me and drives. "What is it?" I ask.

"Open it." I take off the wrapping paper and open the box. It's a necklace....a compass. "It's a follow your heart compass. Hence the compass and the heart and you know." I laugh.

"I love it. It's cute." I lean over and kiss his cheek. "Thank you." I put it on and it droops lower than the necklace my dad gave me.

"I'm glad and your welcome. So how was your trip?"

"It was good. My dad and I found some type of common ground. It was a very productive trip. I learned a few things, from a few people."

"Yeah, like what?"

"Like...I should get over certataint things. I'm running, but I'm not straying very far from my past because it keeps following me. I know I sound like some cheesey therapist, but it's what I learned. "

"Seems like you learned something." I shrug. "I really did miss you." I missed him to. To much I think. I take his hand.

"I missed you to." I say softly.

When we finally get to the house my mom isn't home. Conner helps me take my things up to my room and then he corners me for my gift. I sigh and grab the coupon book I spent all night making. He looks at me funny then open it and reads it.

"One free argument of your choice." He smiles. Then he turns the page. "One free night of your choosing." He laughs a little. "One free favor. One free kiss. One day of whatever you say. One open option." He looks up at me and smiles. "I have to admit this is a great gift. So when you say one free argument do you mean I win an argument of my choice?" I nod. "Ok. I think I am going to use the one free kiss now." I smile and he pulls me to him and kisses me. "So these coupons actually work?" I nod and kiss him again. I smile. "I want to use my open option now." I pull up and look at him. "Say you love me." I look down.

"Don't waist your open option on that."

"If I get to hear those words from you then it's not a waist now is it." I smile a little and then frown.

"Save your open option." I sigh and go over and start unpacking my clothes.

"What's wrong?" He asks.