Stay or Run

Chapter Three

"Shopping?" I ask Izzy.

"Yes we are going to look for dresses." I frown. "It'll be fun." I nod.

"Conner do you want to come?" I ask him.

"Nah, I have plans with Gavin today, but I'll be here when you get back." Izzy raises both her eyebrows and smiles. "I mean when you both get back." He smiles and heads upstairs.

"Well let's go." She says with a to big grin on her face. She drags me out to the car and I throw her the keys. "I'm driving?"

"Yeah my head still hurts." She gives me a sympathetic look and jumps in the front seat.

When we get to the mall we go to this dress store and Izzy immediately spots a dress she likes. A white off the shoulder draped design. Elbow length sleeve and sequin trim to neckline and waist with a high waist line. Full skirt and it's like a layered sheer fashion. It's cute.

"Your turnnn." She sings. I look around, but nothing pops out at me until it does. I go and try it on and it fits me perfectly. It's a white contour dress, featuring a multi seamed contoured panel design with a curved sweetheart neckline, shoulder straps, a fitted waist with draped folded pleat detailing to the skirt, a cut-out open back with a snap closure. It's perfect. "You have to buy that."

"I will." I say smiling. We pay for our dresses and then go look at shoes. Izzy goes with black open toe wipstiched platform ankle boots. I pick tan wrapped pumps. Sounds weird, but cute.

"I love shopping." Izzy says.

"You are so not alone." I say laughing. We stop at the food court and get something to eat. "So I talked to Mike last night. My boyfriend by the way and he said he's coming to visit around Christmas."

"That's great."

"Yeah. They have Christmas break so he's coming back. I am so excited. I miss him so much. He was my first you know." I smile.

"Really?" She nods.

"So when was yours?" She asks.

"Um...I was sixteen and it was right after my parents' divorce. I went out with some friends and I ended up with this guy from school and we were in his car and...it just happened." She smiles.

"Sex can't be planned, not on the first time anyways. So was that guy your last?" I shake my head no. "Serious? Who else?" Actually there was probably two for every town.

"Just some guys." I sigh and look up at her. "I've moved around a lot and there were about two for each place." She smiles. "I've moved about five times counting now and not counting the move away from my dad."

"Wow...two years. That's a lot in such a short time, moves I mean."

"Yeah. It's not all bad all my mom and I have to do is keep it moving. Fresh start and all that." I giggle a little.

"Isn't leaving all of your friends behind sad?"

"What friends? I don't really make friends, but when I do I certainly don't tell them this and I don't stay over their houses. No ties no attachments."

"So why do all of those things with me?" I smile.

"I don't know, your cool and you love pink." She nods and laughs.

"It's nice to know I'm so different from everyone else that you've met. I hope Conner is to."

"You have no idea." I mumble.