Shop/Laugh to keep from crying

Chapter Six

When we get back to the house dads still not home, but the place is big and gorgeous. "Of course you have your own room. I know how much you love pink so I took my time and got a decorator to do it for you." I smile at her. "Come on." When we get up stairs the room is pink. Everything is pink and black and above my bed it says Samantha in black letters. It doesn't look like a kid room, but it looks perfect. "Do you like it?" It's like I did it myself.

"I love it. Thanks Lily." She smiles and claps.

"Oh this is great. I'm glad you love it." I smile at her. "Your father should be home around...well whenever he's done at the hospital." She giggles a little. "So I'm going to go and start on dinner would you mind watching Josie for a while?"

"No I wouldn't." Josie runs over and sits on my bed.

"Thank you." She smiles and then leaves out of the room.

"It's me and you Joe." She claps her hands. "What should we do?" She giggles and falls back on the bed. I laugh. "I guess lying down it is." I lie back next to her. "Joe, is dad even remotely as the same as he was when he was my dad?"

"Daddy great." She says standing up.

"Not on the bed kiddo." She sits down. When my phone rings, but she grabs it and presses talk.

"Heyo." She says. I laugh. She hands the phone to me after a second.

"Hello." I say smiling at Josie.

"Hey Sam I take it you made it alright." Conner. I sigh.

"Yeah I did. Of course Josie says hi." She falls back on the bed and plays with her feet. I go over and shut the door. "How are you Conner?"

"I'm good, could be better, but I'm good."

"What's wrong? Is your mom ok?" I ask franticly.

"She's fine considering the circumstances and she smacked me in the back of the head when she heard I let you go and she smacked me in the back of the head when she heard what I stupidly did at the dance. I saw what you drew for her." I can hear the smile in his voice. "She loved it."

"I thought she would."

"I miss you Sam." I sigh.

"I miss you to."

"I love you Sam."

"I know."

"I want to be with you Sam." I sigh and run my hand through my hair. "Sam?"

"Yeah I'm here." I bite my lip. "I wanna be with you to."

"So can we be together because I love you and I want to be with you and I miss you." I close my eyes.

"No, we can't. My mom has a new boyfriend and I'm leaving soon...so I want you to find someone who's going to stick around. Please don't stay in love with me because you're wasting your time." I bit my lip. "I think its funny how out of this entire time and all of the guys I've dated I've never fallen in love with them and most importantly they never came after me." I sigh. "They called for me, but they never came after me they just let me go. Thanks for showing me that every guy isn't like that."

"They didn't come after you because they weren't in love with you and they didn't care enough to do it. Sam can we just-"

"Conner. Your making this so hard on me, just-"

"No I won't."

"You kissed Amy."

"She kissed me and you're using that as an excuse to run. You know I read you're...book and I do understand. I understand that you just need...well I don't know what you need, but I know you need to stay in Miami."