Never to Late to Look back

Chapter Five

"Izzy it's almost time to go what are you doing in there?"

"I'll be out in a minute." She yells. I role my eyes and work on my hair again. My hairs curled. I sigh and put on more lip stick, not red, but sort of pink, but not an ugly pink just the pink that makes my lips look a little pinker than they are.

"Is!"

"Ok I'm done." She says coming out. She looks gorgeous. Her dress looks great on her. Her hair is straight and even on both sides.

"You look great." I say looking at her.

"Yeah and it took a while." I nod and laugh. "Well you look great. That liner really makes your eyes pop." I smile.

"Yeah well we should get going were already late."

"Yeah I think Conner and Gavin are dying waiting on us." I grab my wallet looking purse that matches my dress and we head down stairs.

"Finally!" Conner says. "I thought you two would never-" He stops when he finally gets a good look. "Wow you look amazing." I smile. He's wearing a black suit, white shirt and a black tie.

"You don't look so bad yourself." I say kissing his cheek.

"Hey what about me." Izzy says.

"Yeah you to." Conner says.

"I think you look great." Gavin says.

"Thanks Gav."

"My pleaser."

"Ok we should go before the parental start taking pictures." We start to go, but my mom and Mr. Crane stop us.

"The four of you stop right there." My mom says. "This is the last year that we get to do homecoming photos."

"Yeah and there's also a prom and a winter formal." I say.

"Yeah, but this is homecoming." Mr. Crane says. "Now come on." We take pictures for like ten minutes.

"Ok we really have to go." Izzy says. "Were already late." They sigh dramatically, but they let us leave.

When we finally get there everything is great. Everyone is dancing and having a great time.

"Well I will see you guys later." Izzy says. "Come on Gavin." They disappear into the crowd.

"Dance with me?" Conner asks. I nod and take his hand.

About an hour goes by and everything is going great.

"I'll be back I have to go to the bathroom." I say to Conner. He nods and I make my way through the crowed and to the bathroom.

When I come out to wash my hands and check my hair and the rest of my appearance I see Amanda and Devon. I try to ignore them, but they talk to me anyways.

"I love that dress and those shoes and your hair." Devon says. "You look really pretty."

"Thanks so do you." I nod and go back to washing my hands.

"So are you and Conner getting serious?" Amanda asks.

"I don't really think that that is any of your business." I say drying my hands.

"Well it doesn't really matter." Amanda says. "I mean he and Amy are getting back together as we speak. Before I came in here I saw them dancing." I role my eyes and fix my hair. "You may have the potential to be a blonde, but you aren't Amy." I laugh a little

"Yeah you're right I'm not Amy. I'm not a superficial bitch who cares about no one but herself. Forgive me for being human." I role my eyes and leave them there in the bathroom looking baffled and stupid.