Still Here

Chapter ten

When I open my eyes Conner's arms are around me. I look at the clock and it's one in the morning. I sigh and I slowly unwrap his arms. I look at the book lying next to him and smile. I get out of the bed and grab my phone. I call Is.

"Hey I thought you were coming back."

"Um I did something bad and I mean really bad." I smile "Stop smiling." She says in a frustrated voice.

"Sorry, spill."

"I hooked up with Gavin." I gasp. "I know, but we were in the car and one thing led to another and then the next thing I know were in the back seat. I feel terrible."

"Go Is."

"Stop egging me on, you're making me feel worse. How am I supposed to face Mike?"

"I don't know you just do."

"Whatever we'll talk about it later. Don't tell Conner."

"Ok."

"I'm tired. I'm just getting home. I'll stop by tomorrow."

"Wait."

"What?"

"Was it good?" I can practically see her blushing.

"Go to hell." Is all she says before hanging up. I laugh and look over at Conner. He's cute when he sleeps. I smile a little. I grab my sketch book. I haven't drawn in a while. I start a drawing of my room until I get a text message. Watcha drawing? I drop the phone and jump out of my chair. "Conner." I say softly. I go over and nudge him. "Conner." He sits up and runs a hand through his hair.

"Yeah, what's wrong?' He can't know that Conner knows.

"Nothing I just got a little scared." He nods and sits up.

"Did you just wake up." He asks yawning.

"Yeah."

"I thought Is was coming back."

"Me to. I just talked to her she got a little distracted. She said she just got home."

"It's one in the morning." I nod. He grabs his phone and he has a missed call from Gavin. I take his phone.

"You don't have to reply to that call." I say putting his phone to the side. "I mean he's probably just going to tell you about how he had a good time."

"Yeah, but I actually want to talk to him about it." He grabs his phone. "I'll be quick." I shake my head and he goes into the bathroom. A few minutes later I hear him talking. Then I get another text. Can't be protected forever Sammy. I'll catch up with you after your trip. I push my phone to the side. I lie back on my pillow. A few minutes later Conner comes out of the bathroom. "They had a good time..." He looks confused. "Did she tell you?" I nod. "I can't believe it."

"Let's just not talk about it. I have headache thinking about it."

"You and me both." I smile and snuggle deeper into the covers. He gets in next to me and pulls me to him. I turn to face him. "I love you Sam."

"I know." I say softly.

"Why do you do that?"

"Do what?" I ask him.

"You say I know all the time."

"I do not." I say softly. "I know how to say I love you and I'm sure I've said it to you before."

"Not once. I'd remember if you did." I sigh and close my eyes. We stay quiet for a long time until Conner speaks. "Don't play sleep." I snort.

"I'm not playing. I'm tired. I've had a bad day...a bad few months." I yawn. "Conner could you get the light." He reaches over and turns off the lamp. "Night Conner." I lie my head on his chest.