Stay With Me

Chapter Four

"Home coming is tomorrow and everything is just about great." Izzy says while where at lunch. "I even got a date yesterday. I meant to call you, but I forgot. It's just as friends, but the guy has had a crush on me for years."

"Who is it?" I ask.

"Umm it's Conner's friend Gavin."

"Are you kidding?" I ask. "He's cute and I thought he liked you." She smiles.

"It's just as friends." I nod when Conner comes over.

"Hey." He says. "Mind if I steel Sam from you for the rest of the day?" He asks Izzy.

"Well I really don't mind, but you two love birds can go suck face in the locker room or something. I have home work to finish." I laugh. She hops down off of the wall.

"Can someone help me down. These new shoes aren't made for jumping." Izzy looks at my feet.

"Bold leather and a decorative buckle wrap at the ankle all on a towering peep-toe pump with a slender heel. I love those shoes. I'm going to have to borrow them soon." She winks and then leaves.

"I guess the mini skirt isn't helping very much either." I say giggling. Conner helps me down.

"Come on were going off campus for lunch." I adjust my skirt and look at him.

"And going where?"

"Surprise." He says taking my hand. Where stopped by Amy. "Hi Amy." He says in an annoyed tone.

"Hi Conner I was just wondering if you wanted to eat lunch and go over the homework from math with me. You're so much better than me at it."

"Sorry Amy I can't. I have plans." She gives me a dirty look and then turns back to Conner.

"Yeah sure, plans. Well I'll see you after school." He nods and she flaunts off in her bright yellow sun dress.

"Why are you seeing her after school?" I ask as we walk to the doors.

"Tutoring. I tutor after school sometimes and she signed up for my class and I have no choice, but to tutor her."

"Are you sure all your doing is tutoring her? Because it sounds to me like she's up to something and I'm not really liking it."

"Sam I swear nothing's going on I just have to tutor her in math and it's only for a few more weeks and it's only on Fridays and Thursdays and I would never cheat on you."

"I mean she's the blonde goddess and I'm just Sam."

"Are you jealous?" He says smiling.

"Is it so wrong to be? I'm not jealous of her I'm just jealous of the fact that...I don't know."

"You have nothing to worry about and besides your way prettier than she is and you're a blonde goddess to. Don't worry." I don't get jealous. If anything I'm the one cheating and I find it better that they like someone else. Four weeks ago I would have thought this a bad thing, but now I'm not so sure.

I let him put his arm around me and lead me to my car.

"Can you tell me where I'm going?" I ask as I sit in the passenger seat.

"No, but you can put this on." He hands me a blind fold. "Put that on and I'll be right back." I sigh and put on the blind fold and a few minutes later he comes back and starts the car. "Keep it on you can take it off when we get there." I smile as he pulls out of the parking lot.

When he finally stops I try to take off the blind fold and he tells me to keep it on.

"Conner."