Chapter 27: Thanks Ike...

Kyle's POV:

Kyle: "Its not fair!"

Gerold: "I'm sorry Kyle but,  your mother has made up her mind. You know what she's like."

Kyle: "What about Ike? He'll want to stay here with all of his friends."

Gerold: "Ike doesn't have a say in this."

Kyle: "Don't you care about what your sons want."

Gerold: "I'm sorry Kyle, but that's the end of this conversation. Go upstairs and start packing!"

I turn round and run half way up the stairs.

Gerald: "I'm sorry Kyle. I don't want to move. It's all your mothers idea."

With tears running down my eyes,  I turn round and yelled...

Kyle: "I hate this fucking family!" 

I continue to run up stairs and slam my bedroom door shut.

Gerad: "KYLE!"

It's not fair! It's not my fault he came to visit me at hospital. If he didn't, I wouldn't be moving back to New Jersey. No. I can't blame it on him. After all, I didn't tell him what was going on.

Stan...

I need to see him... One last time. I haven't spoken to him since... that.... happened. I thought I heard him in the hospital but I guess it was just a dream. But why would I dream about Stan drinking.

*knock* *knock* *knock*

Kyle: "Who is it?"

Ike: "It's me..."

Kyle: "Okay come in..."

Ike walked through the door with a sad look on his face. He looked up at me puppy dog eyes, then walked and sat on the bed next to me.

Ike: " I've finished packing... "

Kyle: " Oh... "

Ike: "I heard you shouting at dad."

Kyle: "Right..."

Ike: "Yeah........ I don't want to leave. "

Kyle: "Me neither."

Ike then lunged into a hug.
Ike: "I want to stay here. With Firkle. "

Kyle: "You like him. Don't you?"

He didn't say anything. I put my hand around his shoulder I tightened the hug.

Kyle: "Don't worry I won't tell mom............ Do think you could do something for me?"

Ike: "Like what?"

Kyle: "Mom took my phone off me. Do you think you could take a letter to Stans house."

Ike: "Okay."

Kyle: "Thanks Ike."

I grabbed a piece of paper and began writing. I thought I would mention the alcohol thing. Even if it was real or not.

What time is it now.

9:45pm

Okay, I'll ask to meet him at eleven. That should give him enough time. If he comes that is.....