ii. who ordered a puppy?

↱                                                                                   ↰

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐘𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃'𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘰: 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘱𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘺?

↳                                                                                   ↲

     ONE NEW MESSAGE FROM: Liam

     I take one look at the screen of my phone and narrow my eyes. Liam has been avoiding the entire Pack for days, and so has Hayden. Just as I am about to pick up the phone and bite Liam's head off, I remember that Liam and Hayden got permission from Derek himself to go to New York to visit family or something for a birthday.

     Birthday.

     Birthdays.

     I almost fall off my bed as I realise that it's Scott's birthday tomorrow. I grab a random hoodie and run out of my house, not even bothering with my Jeep, and run to the drug store. I check the shelves for something that my friend might like when I see the perfect gift. I grab it off the shelf and pay for the gift, running as quickly as I can back to my room.

     I print off handfuls and handfuls of photos from my computer, occasionally going onto social media sites to get some that I don't already have, and rushing around my room to get the gift completed. I have a bit of an issue with the photos and accidentally rip a few, but I eventually get the gift finished just before Scott turns up at my window.

     I shove the gift under my bed and open my window, letting the Werewolf in without a fuss. Scott and I sit on the my bed and talk about the fact that the twins are going to be joining the Pack within the next week, about how Peter as been more friendly than usual, about Liam and Hayden finally coming back from New York, and about Derek - a subject that I have never wanted to talk about in case he said something.

     "Why won't you talk about Derek anymore?" Scott asks, hitting the pillow off his face that I tried to suffocate him with when he brought up the subject of Derek.

     I groan. "You know why, and nobody can ever guarantee that he's not outside my room at any given moment."

     "You talk about Derek with Peter and Isaac, but not me. I'm hurt."

     "What did they tell you?"

     "A lot of things. I get why you never told me them in the first place, and I get why you told Isaac, but Peter? Really, Stiles?"