xxiii. semi-expected conscience

↱                                                                                   ↰

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐘𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃'𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦: 𝘴𝘦𝘮𝘪-𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥
𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘤𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦

↳                                                                                   ↲

     DEREK WALKS OVER TO me, his eyes burning a deep red I have never seen before. "Is there something you want to tell me, Stiles?"

     I think for a moment. "No. Not that I'm aware of."

     "You want to rethink that?"

     "I'm pretty sure there's nothing, Der."

     "You sure?"

     "Yeah. Derek, what do you think you're doing?"

     Derek's hands are trailing from my knees up my thighs. Warmth shoots through my body at the contact and my eyes flutter shut. Fingers grip my waist tightly and I jerk forward at the contact, my sensitive sides being one of my flaws. Derek chuckles and I open my eyes to glare playfully at my Mate.

     I trail my fingers up Derek's arms and watch as the Wolf under them squirms at the fiery trails being left up his arms. A smirk sneaks onto my face and I grip the short hairs on the nape of Derek's neck, tugging them lightly. My smirk turns into a grin as the older male's head drops back into my awaiting hand and a low growl leaves the Alpha.

     "Two can play at this game, Der," I growl lowly, my eyes flashing purple. "You're not the only one that knows their Mate's weaknesses."

     Derek looks up at me and his eyes narrow playfully. "I'm glad, Stiles. It would be such a pity if the pleasure didn't go two ways."

     Derek lifts me off the bench and carries me over to his bed, gently digging his fingers into my sides. I let out an unplanned whine and drop my head forward. I didn't think Derek would use that against me, but I was wrong. I decide to play dirty - just like Derek wants to.

     My eyes change to a burning purple and I elongate my teeth slightly. I run them over the tender skin of Derek's throat, getting the response I want. Derek's breathing hitches and his heart stops for a split second, making me smirk against my Mate's throat; my Mate's Mark. I pull back and look up at my Mate, almost daring him to do something.