viii. we all have perspectives

↱                                                                                   ↰

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐘𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃'𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵: 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘴

↳                                                                                   ↲

     ONE NEW MESSAGE FROM: Sourwolf

     I look at my phone and groan. That Alpha has never been one for patience, or 'poor' excuses, for why we are late to a Pack meeting; or just late in general. I pick up my phone and put in my new passcode - something less obvious this time.

     From: Sourwolf
     What's the hold up Stiles? Get those wolves here
     within the next five minutes. No excuses.

     To: Sourwolf
     Peter is following road rules. We're on our way.

     Ethan peeks over my shoulder and reads the messages, a scoff leaving his mouth at something. I look at the ex-Alpha, a confused look on my face, and the former just shakes his head, motioning to the building where Derek's loft is. It is then that I realise that we are finally there.

     I open the door and climbs out, Ethan and then Aiden following me out. I check the time and my eyes fly wide. Thirty seconds. Ethan sees the wide eyes and throws me over his shoulder, using his Werewolf speed to catch up to the others, and reach Derek's loft before the deadline.

     I look up just as we burst through the door, causing everyone to look at us in surprise. We seem like we would make quite a sight; Isaac and Peter having a small but argumentative talk with Aiden, and Ethan with me thrown over his shoulder. As soon as I hit the wolf on the back, I am carefully put back on the ground, a dazed look on my face.

     "Note to self," I mutter, rubbing my eyes and blinking rapidly. "Werewolf speed is not fun."

     Ethan chuckles. "We had a deadline. Sorry."

     Derek clears his throat and everyone goes quiet, looking at the Alpha with expectant eyes. I notice how his gaze lingers on me and ex-Alphas for longer than necessary but says nothing, only meeting the Alpha's lingering gaze until the latter looks away. I guess Ethan notices it by the way the Werewolf growls lowly, still annoyed by whatever he saw on my phone.