xxv. the fox pup

↱                                                                                   ↰

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐘𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃'𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘹 𝘱𝘶𝘱

↳                                                                                   ↲

Full Moon

     WE DON'T HAVE TO be chained up tonight. It's not some special Full Moon this month. Instead, it is a normal Full Moon and we are all left to our own devices. Even with the Full Moon's light filtering down through the leaves of the trees and hitting us, we are in full control. Derek and I are Shifted into our Wolf and Fox, and everyone else is as fully Shifted as they can go. They haven't evolved yet, and we're not sure if they will.

     Theo and Malia are Coyotes of course, and Valerie's Kitsune are in their Fox forms. Only one of her Wolves can fully Shift into a wolf, but they have decided to stay like the other Werewolves as to not feel left out. Being able to fully Shift is considered a blessing of sorts. I'm guessing it's because it allows you to be truly free. In a half Shift, you're limited.

     I look back at the three Packs and smile internally. Though we may be three Packs, tonight we are one. One with three Alphas. Well, four if you want to include me, but let's not do that. In the assembly behind Derek and myself, the three Packs are merged, they are all mixed and are not near the normal members of their Pack.

     For those who are confused, what I'm trying to say is that Valerie's Pack members, Derek's Pack members, and Liam's Pack members are scattered. Uh... Valerie's Pack members aren't clumped together, and neither are Derek's or Liam's. They are diverse...assimilated if you will. There is no segregation within the Packs. Tonight, they are all the same.

     A yip like howl sounds from Valerie, and it receives a chorus from her Pack. Derek lets out a short howl, and his Pack reciprocate the howl. Liam lets out a longer howl than Derek, and then my Pack follow his lead. I look up at the white moon and let out my own howl. It's like a Wolf howl, but the small bark-yip like sounds that seem to mix in with it make it unique.

     The Packs howl with me and it sounds like a piece of music crafted by Beethoven himself. The howls travel through the night air, and I know that Allison, Chris and Lydia can hear them wherever they are. The complete and utter happiness and unity can be told from the howls, and it can also be told that the unity is unbreakable. In the distance, two humanoid howls can be heard, and I know that it is Allison and Lydia.