xiii. mask your human scent

↱                                                                                   ↰

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐘𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃'𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵

↳                                                                                   ↲

The Next Day

     I look at the building in front of me and sigh. Of course I have to tell my Mate that I - Stiles Stilinski - am a Werewolf, but not just any Werewolf. I am an extremely powerful one that has double the power of the Demon Wolf, and am immune to Mountain Ash. I am still figuring out my abilities, but, with the help of my friends, I have been able to figure out some of them.

     So far, I know that I can hide my scent and appear to be human, heal faster than even an Alpha, be immune to Mountain Ash, order other Betas around like an Alpha, can kind of move things with my mind, and am stronger, faster and more agile than any other supernatural creature Deaton has ever heard of. Yes, Deaton knows that I am, as Theo calls me, the 'Apex Wolf'.

     'Don't just stand there, Stiles,' Peter says through the Pack Link. 'Get into that building and tell him the truth.'

     I sigh and start to walk forward. 'What if he hates me, Peter? I mean, I have been lying to him for months.'

     'It was in his best interest. Although, my nephew may over react slightly.'

     'Slightly?'

     'Break a few things and maybe Wolf out on you.'

     'Peter! We don't know if I can subdue an Alpha yet!'

     Liam interrupts us. 'Stiles, the only reason you can't subdue me is because I am your Alpha. Derek isn't. He is only your Mate, who happens to be an Alpha.'

     I glare at the last flight of stairs as I walk up them. 'That's a nice thought, Liam. Thanks a lot. It so helps.'

     'Stop arguing and just tell him.'

     'Yes, Alpha.'

     I open the door to Derek's loft and walk in, struggling to close the door with my telekinesis. I have been practising since the previous night and have gotten better at it. It just needs a lot of concentration to move something at the moment, but I am sure I will soon be able to do it without as much mental effort.

     "Sourwolf!" I call, sitting on the table. "Are you home?"

     I feel a presence behind me. "Of course I am. Where else would I be?"

     "With your Betas. I mean, it is a Full Moon tonight and only Isaac has an Anchor. Boyd and Erica are still struggling to find one that is not each other."

     "They should use their memories of each other and not the person themselves, but they don't want to listen to me. You can try telling them that. They tend to listen to you after you accidentally got them to realise that they were Mates."

     I turn my head to face my Mate. "Well, maybe. They are still Betas, and stubborn ones at that."

     Derek smiles. "And you're a stubborn Human."

     'Tell him now, Stiles,' Liam says, his voice soft. 'It's the perfect opportunity, and there won't be another time. Well, unless you Wolf out tonight and he sees you.'

     'That might be a better option,' I interject. 'Get him to see it for himself tonight.'

     'Or you can just tell him and get it proven tonight.'

     'You're such a smartass, Dunbar.'

     'So are you, Stilinski.'

     "Stiles?"

     "Hmm?"

     "You alright there? You kind of zoned out."

     I blink and look up to see Derek standing in front of me. "Sorry. What were you saying?"

     Derek shakes his head and chuckles. "I said that you are a stubborn Human."

     "About that..."

     "What?"

     "I'm not Human. Not anymore at least."

     "Are you trying to prank me? Because it's not working you know."

     "I'm not trying to prank you. It's the truth."

     "I'm calling your bluff. You still stink like a Human."

     I hop off the table and walks over to the door. "Well then, sourwolf. You'll just have to see it for yourself tonight won't you? Liam, Hayden and I will be in the Hale bunker. Bring your Pack, will you?"

      I open the door and leave the loft before Derek can say anything. I close the door with my mind, the loud bang resonating through the building as it slams shut with ease. I barely realise that I moved it without much effort until I walk out of the building and stop dead in front of the True Alpha, Hayden and my Mate's uncle.

     Liam steps forward. "He didn't believe you."

     I roll my eyes and start walking. "What gave it away?"

     "The anger rolling off you. We could smell it from down here."

     "You still need to help me identify all those different emotions. I helped you when I was Human, but now, as my Alpha, you need to help me."

     Liam and I walk back to the my place with Hayden and Peter in tow. I open the front door with ease and almost miss how Liam, Hayden, and Peter press themselves against the door frame to walk inside. I roll my eyes and walk into my bedroom, leaving them outside my door.

     "Are you going to let us in?"

     I give Liam a flat look. "True Alphas can break Mountain Ash barriers, Liam. Get inside the room if you want."

     Liam walks in easily, Peter and Hayden following him. "That isn't Mountain Ash. Is it?"

     "Nope. It's a cheap lookalike. Do you like it? It does have the same effect, but to a lesser degree. It lets in Alphas quite easily, but Betas have more of a struggle like they just found out."

     "What's it called?"

     "I can't remember. I'll look it up later, or maybe tomorrow considering there's a Full Moon tonight."

     Peter rolls his eyes. "My nephew is not going to be pleased that you're a Werewolf now."

     I look at Peter strangely. "He will get over it or reject me. Either works right now. He rejects me, and he will die by the next Full Moon."

     "What about you?"

     "I have more than one Mate."