vii. twins and apologies

↱                                                                                   ↰

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐘𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃'𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯: 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘱𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘪𝘦𝘴

↳                                                                                   ↲

     I ignore the beeping coming from Stiles' phone and carefully pick the prone human up from his uncomfortable position half on the bed and half on the floor. I carefully lay Stiles on his bed and pick up the his phone. I turn the screen on and narrow my eyes at the message my uncle has sent Stiles.

     ONE NEW MESSAGE FROM: Creepy Petey

     From: Creepy Petey
     Stiles, are you alright? Did Derek do something to
     you? Please tell me that he didn't show you that
     video this soon. If he did, I am so sorry. I should
     have warned him not to. It must have taken a major
     toll on you.

     To: Creepy Petey
     Peter, you are an idiot. You could have told me not 
     to show Stiles the video before I left the loft.
     Sometimes I wonder whether you actually care
     about any of the Pack. - Derek

     From: Creepy Petey
     Get off Stiles' phone, nephew. It is an invasion of
     privacy. How did you get his pass-code anyway?

     To: Creepy Petey
     It was an easy guess. I'm coming back to the loft
     now. Nothing better be broken. - Derek

     I lock Stiles' phone and write a note on a piece of paper, telling him to change his password to something less easy to guess. I then put both the message and phone on the human's bed, and climb out the window, closing it behind me and walking to my Camaro. I drive back to my loft and curse myself the whole way for showing Stiles the video.

     I groan and rub my eyes, sitting up and looking around my room for any sign of the Alpha that had just been in my room. It is then that I notice the time. I have been out cold for a few hours, meaning that I have most likely missed the Pack meeting. I reach for my phone, grabbing the piece of paper as well, and place the phone on my leg as I read the writing on the paper.

     Stiles,

     I do apologise for showing you that video. I didn't realise you'd pass out from watching it. I guess it was an 'emotional overload' as Scott calls it. Don't worry about the Pack meeting, you don't have to come if you don't want to - you, Isaac and Peter can bring the twins next week. Also, you may want to consider changing your phone's password. It was an easy guess that I got on the first try. I'll see you at 7 if you decide to come to the Pack meeting. I'll have Peter and Isaac drop by to pick you up.

     Derek

     I double check the time on the clock and my eyes fly wide. I have a few hours until the Pack meeting, and I still have to cook dinner, have a shower and pick up Ethan and Aiden. I launch myself off the bed and down the stairs to the kitchen. I cook a couple casseroles and stick them in the fridge for my father, along with a note on the fridge telling him not to try skip eating a healthy dinner.

     I then run up the stairs and into the bathroom, all but slamming the door behind me. I strip down and have a shower, trying to ignore the glint coming off my father's razor. I have put that period of my life behind me, and I wasn't about to go back just because my entire Pack know that I am in love with their Alpha. I quickly put on a pair of jeans, a white shirt, my black Nikes and grab my black jacket before running down the stairs just as Isaac and Peter pull up in a black van of all things.

     "Do I want to know why you have a nondescript black van?" I inquire as I open the door and climb in, closing the door behind me.

     Peter grins at me, winking. "I think you know why."

     "You really are a creep, Peter."

Peter laughs at me as Isaac starts driving towards where the twins were staying. He pulls up out the front of the motel and I jump out of the van, walking into the reception of the motel. I ask the receptionist where I can find 'two extremely tall teenage males that look like models' and she tells me their room number, a small blush appearing on her face as I smile and thank her.

     I walk out of the reception and find my way to the twins' motel room. I knock on the door and it opens enough for a hand to shoot out and drag me inside, the door slamming behind me. I glare up at the twin still holding me and roll my eyes. The other twin walks over to me and his brother, placing a hand on his brother's arm and making him let go of the human in their midst.

     "That was a interesting description of us, Stiles," the second twin said, smirking. "'Extremely tall teenage males that look like models'. Very nice."

     I go red. "Would you have preferred 'monstrous killing werewolves with blue eyes that can combine to make a giant man that can rip you limb from limb'? I don't think so."

     "Good point, but that's not why you described us like that, is it? Anyway, come on, Aiden. Time to meet our new Pack. Officially, that is."

     The second twin - the one that I now know is Ethan - opens the door and motions for me to walk outside, following me as I lead the twins down to the nondescript black van. Aiden mutters something smart under his breath and a growl resonates from the van, me looking up just in time to see Peter's eyes flash blue with anger. I usher the twins into the van and climb in, shutting the double doors behind myself.

     "Let's get to the loft before you kill our new Pack members," I say, sitting down next to the twin I believe is Ethan. "I don't feel like watching you tear them to shreds, and then having to explain it all to Derek."