Chapter 2

It's been a month since I've auditioned, I've gotten into watching the walking dead actually since then and I've caught up to the season 3 finale.

They're filming season 4 tomorrow, so I know I didn't get the role of Elizabeth.

I understand the characters more though and I was honored to audition for such a phenomenal show.

I decide to go onto twitter, I saw Chandler Riggs posted a new tweet.

@ChandlerRiggs- stoked to film season 4 of TWD! Meeting some new cast members what an awesome day it will be!

I sigh and close my laptop as I walk downstairs.

"What's wrong baby?" my mom asks as she notices my pout.

"Nothing... just another one of those day before filming pouts." I shrug as I sit next to her on the couch

"Aw honey, I'm sorry... I guess you just haven't found THAT role." she strokes my hair

"You've auditioned for roles before, but what's about this one that's making you extra pouty?" she gets up and puts more wood in the fire.

"I don't know. I guess it just hurts that some other girls going to become an overnight star." I reply.

"I'm going upstairs." I stand up and slowly walk upstairs.

I close my door and plop down on the bed.

The phone rings, once, twice...

"Alice it's AMC!" my mom screams from downstairs. My eyes widen and I bolt down the steps.. this can't be happening!? WHAT IS HAPPENING!?

I cross my hands into a beg and stand beside my mom as she answers the phone.

"Hello.." she asks with delight, I put my ear closer to the phone to hear the conversation.

"This is the AMC network calling to inform you that Alice Michelle is going to play the role of Elizabeth on the TV show the walking dead. Filming begins tomorrow and you have to be on set by 7:30 a.m we will email you directions and other information about filming. congratulations and we will see you then." The phone goes silent and my mom slowly takes the phone from her ear. The look on her face worries me

"What'd they say?" my voice cracks, my mood changes and I'm ready to be depressed for as long as it takes till I have another audition.

She clears her throat.

I close my eyes and slouch falling back on the couch.

"You got the part!" she screams, I shoot straight up and we begin to jump up and down.

This is so surreal! I can't believe it, I got the role!!