Chapter 23

Bump bump bump bump bump bump bump...

The pounding of the Jumanji board awakens me as the movie ends.

I look at a sleeping Noah and smirk slightly before sitting up.

I notice the fork in my hand with a piece of chicken at the end and plop it into my mouth.

I check the time and it's 6:36.

I shake Noah and he looks up at me and groans.

"Honey you have to get up." I say adjusting myself to sit on my knees.

"I don't wanna go to school." he mumbles in a sleepy voice.

"You have football practice in 15 minutes." I say blankly.

He shoots up.

"Whats the time?"

"Almost 7."

He raises his arms and does a small stretch before closing the laptop and ripping the comforter off the roof.

I squint as the sunset brightness glares my vision and I turn away.

He stands up picking up a container and his cup and walks into the kitchen.

I follow begin picking up a few more empty containers and walk to the sink.

He wraps his arms around my waist and rests his head in my shoulder.

I smile softly.

Suddenly the door bursts open and Noah pulls away.

We turn around and Lauren comes in with her arms filled with grocery bags.

"Oh hey... what happened here?" she asks and I suddenly take notice of the huge mess in the living room.

"Oh we made a fort." I say obviously.

Steven walks in behind her and it stops her from speaking further.

"Need any help?" I ask putting my fingers in the loops of my jeans.

"No we have it. You can put everything away though." she says setting everything on the ground.

"Okay let me clean up first." I say walking into the living room.

"Do you need help?" Noah says picking up a couch cushion and placing it back.

"No you have to go get a gate pass and be at the school in 12 minutes." I put the other cushion beside it.

He sighs loudly.

"You're right." he picks up his backpack and slings it around his shoulder before slipping on his converse.

He kisses me on the cheek before leaving.

I walk back over to the living room and throw the pillows on top of the one sofa I have down.

I get it all cleaned in a few minutes before walking into the kitchen and putting the groceries away.

The others come in and Danai closes the door putting down the rest of the bags.

"Gosh guys did you go to the mall?" I say sarcastically.

"No Target." Steve says not understanding.

I roll my eyes and notice the few house supplies they got alongside food.

Once I'm finished I walk upstairs and take a few things out of my boxes and hang my clothes in my closet.

I hear a knock at the door and my name is called.

"Send them up!" I yell back folding a hoodie and placing it into a drawer.