Chapter 4

The rest of the episode is mostly of everyone else, so I sit around set all day and watch everyone act.

I did film a few more scenes with Chandler and Beth when she tried to talk to me. I have 2 more scenes with Chandler before we wrap up the day and I come back tomorrow. Chandler actually offers for me to stay in his guest room but I asked my mom and I'm staying with Emily so I don't have to do that big drive everyday.

We all sit at a table in front of our trailers, I eat my fatty McDonalds lunch as I watch the cast goof off, Chandler comes and sits beside me

I roll my eyes before taking a sip of cola.

"You sure you don't wanna stay with me? I'm only 10 minutes away from set." he offers again.

"No thanks, Emily is staying in a hotel room alone so I'm going to stay with her." I decline

We begin talking like friends, he makes me laugh a few times. Which I try not to show any interest in him for the sake of my character.

We all finish our lunch and walk back to set.

"Okay, Alice and Chandler, you're understanding eachother, this is the first time Elizabeth and Carl show any interest in eachother, understand?" we both agree as the director orders.

"Alright." he claps once and we take our places.

This time we are outside, I'm lying down looking at the clouds, well when I open my eyes I'm looking at the clouds.

"Places and action." the set gets quiet as the camera zooms down on me, Chandler comes and lays beside me without a word

It's quiet for a moment.. maybe about 10 seconds.

"My mother, she's dead." I speak with me eyes still shut.

"What happened?" Chandler asks

I shrug

"I'm not to sure, she was with a group of people the governor killed I heard. she was all I had left." I reply

It's quiet for a moment

"My moms dead too." he finally speaks, I open my eyes

"She was..." he stops and I turn to him lifting my head up.

"You don't have to say it Carl." I stop him, he smirks.

"Carl!" Andy calls from the picnic tables, we both look at him as he points to the fence which begins tipping over, Chandler stands up

"Come on!" he calls to me but I look at the walkers as they shake the fence.

"Elizabeth, lets go!" his deep voice cracks, it tips more as the group runs to push it back up.

Chandler runs up and grabs my arm, I snap back to reality and begin running, the extremely nice lady who plays Carol (Melissa McBride) pushes me inside along with the other kids.

I continue acting and look out into the distance at a walker, shuffling towards the gate.

"Mom?" I whisper

Melissa tries to push me inside but I refuse breaking from her grip. I bolt down the yard as the cameras follow me.

"Carl!" Andrew calls from the group trying to secure the fence.

I continue running, Chandler comes up beside me and pushes me to the ground, we both land on a memory foam mat.

"Cut!" the director calls through a bullhorn. The walkers stop pushing and some people run to give water to the actors.

I laugh alittle before Chandler stands up and helps me to my feet.

I take a sip of water and thank the person who gave it to me.

2 men remove the mat as Chandler and I's stunt doubles come in.

We both laugh and stand behind the director.

"Okay, everyone get in your places! And action." The 2 stunt doubles begin rolling down the hill, the director yells cut.

They quickly replace the doubles with Chandler and I.

He yells action and we continue to do whats scripted.

I stand up slightly before Chandler wraps his arms around me using all his strength to pull me back

"Elizabeth- she's- dead" he grunts

"Let me go, Carl, get off !" I scream, but he doesn't give in.

Lauren Cohan runs up and helps Chan as I fall to the ground and begin crawling to the opening.

"Elizabeth!" Lauren grabs my arms and looks at me

"She is a walker, you can't get near her you will die." she tries to say but I shake my head sobbing

"I didn't say goodbye, I need her!" I refuse to stop fighting, the actor who plays Hershel is now cued to come down and give me a medication to calm me down.

I kick and scream crying out 'mom' before I pretend to sleep.

"She's out." Lauren whispers as the group walks away from the hoisted up fence and half the walkers dead.

I feel my body being lifted by strong muscles as my arm hangs.

"Okay cut." the director finally calls as Norman Reedus sets me down lightly. Everyone claps for me and I curtsy. I high five Norman and laugh.

"That's a wrap for today! Everyone is due back tomorrow same time, Alice although you only have one more scene left for episode one so you can come in at 10 am." The director says before everyone begins cleaning up. I walk back to my trailer and change

"Fun?" my mom asks, I nod

"Yeah I'm just tired." I quickly put on my clothes and grab my belongings before exiting the trailer.

Chandler walks out of his trailer the same time and oh look, he is right next to mine.

"Great job tonight." He repeats himself and I return the favor.

"See you tomorrow!" I say my goodbyes to everyone and we head home after a long and exhausting day.