03 . olcan's news

0 3

In the next few days, the small wizard wasn't the only victim of the Imperius curse. There were three more wizards and witches found acting under the imperius curse doing silly and reckelss magic in front of muggles. This interested Draco far more than anything else had in his few months working for the Ministry, but he was the only one that seemed to think so.

In fact, Theo was so sick of Draco bringing this up that he told Draco that he was becoming a little obsessed.

"Obsessed?" Draco said, incredousley to Theo when he muttered it that morning at work. "I want to know why this person is doing this and what they want out of it. It's -"

"Drop it, okay?" Theo said, leaning his chair toward Draco. "I get why you want to know who this person is, but it's not like you can figure out who it is."

Draco sighed, drumming his fingers on his desk. "Do you reckon that they're going to catch the person though?"

Theo cast Draco an impatient look. "Maybe. Just please drop it."

So Draco did. He got up, ran his fingers through his hair, and stepped out of his and Theo's small office, muttering,  "Going to the break room."

He walked through the narrow Ministry halls, stopping every so often to talk to someone before he found the break room.

It was a big room with snacks covering the walls. Tables filled the room as workers took a break from their long, tiring day to catch up with their friends. Draco scanned the room, finding Neville Longbottom talking to Luna Lovegood and Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley holding hands and talking animatedly.  He then saw Hermione Granger making coffee in the back of the room. Draco's heart lifted a little, and he scolded himself for it. 

Draco slowly went to grab an apple, telling himself that he was doing this because he was hungry, not because he wanted an excuse to talk to her. 

"Granger," Draco said, picking a green apple up from the basket.

Hermione turned around, finding Draco. "Malfoy," she said smiling. She picked up her coffee cup, tilting her head. "And how are you?"

"Fantastic," Draco said, leaning against the wall, tossing his apple up and down. "Did you sleep well that night?"

It had been several days since that night, in which Draco and Hermione and run into each other. They hadn't seen each other since, which was strange because they were in the same building most of the time. Hermione tilted her head back, laughing. "Of course. You?"

"I slept grand," Draco said with a crooked smile. 

"You should get back to work," Hermione muttered, walking towards the door.

"Will do, Miss Granger," Draco said, watching her leave. 

Hermione turned around, giving him a slight smile, before exiting the room. 

---
Draco had not been sure if it was worth going back to the meetings. He had practcally slept through the first one, and Kurt himself had told him that Master didn't usually come. Yet, Draco found himself standing in front of the large Union doors that Friday night.

Opening the door, Draco stepped into the room. The same people from last time were sitting around the table conversing in low voices. Draco made a mental note to come earlier next time. He always seemed to come last.

"You're here," Kurt said, as if he had expected Draco to not come.

"Sure am," Draco said, sitting at the same seat he had last time. The voices died down as Draco took a seat.