30 . later

3 0

five months later

Draco was starting to get frustrated. "Guys, don't you understand that the cake should be on this table and the snacks should be on that one. It's really not that hard," He told the man trying to fit both things on one table.

"Sorry, sir. I'll fix it right away," He fumbled, as he picked up the cake and set it on the other table. Someone put his hand on his shoulder.

"Chill out man. Everything's going to be fine," Harry said, smiling.

"Have you decorated the main corridor yet?" Draco asked, ignoring what he had said. "That's where the party is going to take place."

"It's all good. We've also decorated in all red and yellow. To represent her house, you know."

Draco narrowed his eyes. "Everything is red and yellow?"

Harry grinned. "Everything."

"Why did I ever put you in charge of decorations," Draco muttered to himself. He turned around and looked at the decorations. Sure enough, the ceiling was covered in red and yellow balloons, and a huge banner with a lion on it said Happy Birthday Hermione.

It looked good, except for the overload of red and yellow. Oh well. Hermione would like it.

He walked over to Ron and Theo, who were in charge of the drinks. "How's everything going here?" He asked them.

"Fantastic," Theo said, taking a sip from his class. "This drink is honestly amazing. What is it?"

"A combination of butterbeer and firewhiskey. And please don't drink the whole thing, we need some for the party as well."  Draco responded.

Ron laughed, looking around at the decorations. "Harry really out did himself, didn't he."

"He sure did." Level two of the Ministry was completely unrecognizable. It was filled with several people, running around and making sure everything was perfect. The decorations were bright and colorful while the tables were filled with snacks and drinks.

"Everything looks good," Draco said, proud of himself.

"When is she coming?" Ron asked.

"She told she'll be here by five o'clock. Her train stops around four and the station's pretty far."

"She'll be so surprised," Ginny said, walking up to them. There were streamers in her hair, and she looked absolutely excited.

Harry marched up to them as well, looping his hand into Ginny's. "It's been a bit bland with her gone for a week, but she did say that her parents had been begging for her to come on this trip for ages. I wonder what kinds of things she saw in Switzerland."

Draco checked his watch. There was an half hour till she came. "I'm going to go get some coffee," Draco announced.

The others nodded, barely paying attention. They had started talking about Quidditch.

Draco slowly slipped out of the Ministry, playing with his watch. He was starting to get anxious. He hoped eveything would end up working out. He wanted Hermione to have the best party ever. Draco finally slipped into an alley and apparted to the coffee shop. By the time he had ordered and paid, it was a quarter till five.

Draco, realizing he should get back to the Ministry soon, left the shop in a hurry, and bumped into a brown-haired girl.

"Sorry -" he began, before the girl turned around.

"Hermione?" Draco asked, almost dropping his coffee in surprise.

"Draco! What a coincidence! I was just about to come to the Ministry before I realized that I wanted a coffee. I missed you," Hermione said, smiling broadly.