19 . expelliarmus

1 9

Draco folded up the letter, glancing at the others. "It's done," He stated. 

Blaise smiled while Harry nodded. Hermione didn't say anything, but she took the letter from him and attached it to the barn owl that Blaise had gotten from Diagon Alley. 

"Give this letter to the Chief, all right?" Draco told the large owl. The owl hooted once, and then Draco opened the window and watched it fly away. 

They had decided on keeping the letter simple. They had written to the Chief that Olcan had a proposal for the Union, and that they should talk about it soon. After asking Master a series of questions, they had written the letter exactly how he would have written it. Master had also told them that he used a different owl every time he sent him a letter, and he had also told them the keyword which they had to put in the letter (bitten.)

Draco looked at the others. "So, what's the plan?"

"The plan," Hermione said, taking a seat, "Is that we show up, hide, and wait. When we see an opportunity,  we'll attack them both. Four against two. They sure are skilled wizards, but I'll take my chances. We should stun the Master first then go for the Chief. The only thing that can go wrong is the Chief appartating away before we have a chance to attack him."

"We can disarm him first," Harry said. "Most wizards can't apparate without a wand unless they're very brilliant."

"Which I'm guessing the Chief is," Blaise said. "Our best chance is to use the element of surprise. Someone can be under the cloak and attack the Chief from behind."

"I agree," Draco said. And then he added, "I call being under the cloak."

"Again?" Harry asked, rolling his eyes. 

"They all know who I am, and how I'm trying to destroy the Union. It's best if I hide."

"Yeah, but what about me? They'll sure love it that the Boy who Conquered the Dark Lord is after them," Harry retorted.

"Please do not call yourself the Boy who Conquered the Dark Lord," Hermione scoffed.

"But I am the Boy who Conquered the Dark Lord," Harry smiled.

Draco couldn't tell why Hermione laughed at this so much. Ignoring her and Harry's loud laughter, Draco said, "Well, I'm guessing the meeting's taking place tonight. So let's get ready."

---

The barn owl tapped on the window loudly, as the sun was setting. The four of them all hurried to the window, and Draco hurriedly allowed the owl inside. He quickly took the letter attached to the owl and opened it, reading it out loud.

"Our regular place, midnight." Draco read.

They all glanced at each other. "Hey," Blaise said, nudging Master awake, who was asleep in the chair. The Master blinked waking up. "What's your usual place to meet with the Chief?" He asked.

"23rd street," Draco and Master answered at the same time. Blaise cast him puzzled look. 

"How do you know?"

"I've been to one meeting before, between Master and the Chief," Draco explained. "Except now, I'm not the only one going."

Harry smiled. "Let's go get him."

Hermione checked her watch. "We only have a few hours till midnight."

Draco looked up at her, finding her eyes. "We've got this," Draco said confidently. 

"I know," she responded, smiling.

---

The wait was unbearable. Draco and Blaise were waiting crouched under the bushes, a clear view of the street in front of them. He remembered several nights ago, how he was hiding just like this. Except now he wasn't nearly as scared. Now, he wasn't alone.