07 . draco's confession

0 7

"Stay still," Blaise muttered, as he examined Draco's arm, his eyebrows furrowed.

"There really is no need for this Blaise, just let me -" Draco began.

"How did this happen again?" Blaise asked, ignoring Draco, and looking up at him seriously. 

"I stabbed myself with a few pins," Draco muttered, shaking his arm away from Blaise. The pain in his arm still remained still hurt, and he tried to ignore the feeling, pulling his robes down to cover the scar.

"Sorry, what? Why do you have pins in your drawer?" Blaise asked, leaning against the couch and giving Blaise an almost teasing look.

Draco shrugged and scratched his neck. "Can we just talk about the Chief now?"

Blaise suddenly let out a laugh.

"What?" Draco said, alarmed.

"Pins! You still have them, don't you?" Blaise said, rolling around the floor in laughter. His laughter rang through his flat, echoing around the walls.

"I don't know what you're taking about." Draco said, watching frustratingly as Blaise continued to laugh like a maniac. 

"You're an idiot, Malfoy," Blaise said, slowly coming to his senses. "So you're telling me that I won't find Potter Stinks badges in your desk? Or maybe Weasley is King?"

Draco sighed. "You're unbearable. Those took a lot of effort to make. You think I'm just going to throw them away?"

Blaise's face broke into a smile. "So that's how you got these stabs. Unbelievable."

Draco picked up the first pillow closest to him and chucked it at Blaise. It hit him square in the face, but Blaise simply laughed, throwing the pillow back onto the couch.

"I thought you said that those pins were clever," Draco said, rolling his eyes. 

"I said that in our fourth year, how do you still remember that?" Blaise raised his eyebrows.

"Just forget about it," Draco said, shaking his head.  He had just been wanting to grab his extra quill from the drawer when he had withdrawn his hand covered in blood. Draco had forgotten all about the pins that he made back at Hogwarts, and the needles had pricked Draco so hard, he had had to put several bandages around it to stop the bleeding.

"Well, you could have let me heal it. I am training to become a healer." 

"Well, I got it. How's that going, by the way?" Draco asked, wanting to drive the subject elsewhere. 

"The becoming-a-healer process?" 

Draco nodded.

"It's going well. It's a lot harder than I expected it to be, but I'm learning new stuff. Last week, this one boy came in. He had this huge gash on his leg. He had accidentally dropped his mother's potion all over him, and it was made incorrectly. Well, I fixed it up quickly and they said that I can officially become a Healer in a few months," Blaise said, beaming. 

"Glad to hear it" Draco said, patting him on the back. Out of all the professions that Draco had expected Blaise to do, healing was not one of them. But Blaise was extremely happy doing it.

"So, back to killing the Chief. Do you have any ideas?" Blaise said, his eyes suddenly focused.

"I think we're going to have to trick him," Draco said thoughtfully.