22 . bonding

2 2

Draco knocked impatiently on Hermione's office door, drumming his fingers on his pants.

"Come in," Hermione's soft voice said.

Draco opened the door to see Hermione working at her desk in concentration. His first thought was that there were no flowers on her desk.

"Orchideous," Draco said, pointing to her desk. Flowers erupted from the end of his wand as Hermione looked up. "Draco, what's with the flowers?"

"For you," Draco said, bowing down and holding them in front of her.

Hermione laughed. "Thank you. That's sweet."

Draco smiled, sitting on to the chair opposite from her. "It's nothing. So, how's it going?"

"With work, Ron, or both?" Hermione asked with a defeated sigh.

"Weasley," Draco responded.

"Honestly, Ron's fine. I think he's just paranoid. He'll come to his senses eventually. It's been a week since he..." Hermione's voice trailed off.

"Punched me," Draco finished.

"Right. But, I think now's not the time to tell him about us."

"Why?" Draco said raising his eyebrows.

Hermione smiled slightly. "We'll tell him soon. So, why did you come here?"

"I work here," Draco pointed out.

"Not the Ministry," Hermione said, rolling her eyes. "My office."

"Couldn't I just want to talk to you?"

"You could but I don't think I you did." Hermione laughed.

"You're right," Draco said. "I've been thinking about having a little meeting about Blaise."

"Without Blaise?"

"Naturally. Just tell Potter to come to mine after work. You too, of course. We need to figure out what we're going to do with this new information."

"That Blaise is the Chief?" Hermione asked slowly.

"Yes," Draco said, sighing.

"So we still believe that?" Hermione asked cautiously.

"Yes," Draco said harshly.

"So, it'll be just us three? We'll be short a person."

"So, who do you want to call up? Granger, we can't just ask anyone to help us."

"What about Ron?" Hermione asked, thoughtfully.

Draco blinked. "Are you crazy?"

"No, actually. It's a good idea. Me and Harry won't have to lie to him anymore and he can really help us. He's an auror, after all."

Draco groaned. "Granger..."

"I know you two have your issues, but I think it'll be a good idea."

Draco pursed his lips. "Alright, alright. Just ask him to come over then, I guess. Just - tell him to not punch me again, all right?"

"Are you kidding? I scolded him for like twenty minutes after he did that the first time."

---

Harry, Hermione, and Ron all showed up at Draco's flat half past six. Draco opened the door and let them all in. He smiled to Hermione, nodded at Harry, and glared at Ron.

Ron glared back.

"So," Harry said, taking a seat on Draco's couch. "Hermione said you have some important news to tell us."