Chp 9: The Hidden Need

(Abeer...)

"Don't touch me please, mumma!," she shouts and faints. "Meher!," I said holding her and made her lay. My heart sank as she was shivering even in unconsciousness. Mom came running. "What happened? Who screamed?," she asked. "Mom, she is having panic attacks," I said with a quiver in my voice. "Mumma, papa, nani, come back I need you," Meher muttered.

I don't know what to do, if I call them now, she will become fine but when she will be conscious she won't like their presence

I don't know what to do, if I call them now, she will become fine but when she will be conscious she won't like their presence. I will manage her that time, right now I m calling them. I dialed the number and called on it, someone received it. "Hallo," the person on the other end of the phone said. "Hello, Dr.Abeer here, Meher needs you all right now, can you come? I will message you address," I said in a hurry. "Yeah OK we will come," said the person and I disconnected the call. "Mom, you go, I will manage," I said and she went.

I climbed down the upper bed and put some pillows on the floor one above another and stood on it, I picked Meher and got down the pillows and made her lay on the lower bed. It was impossible to pick her and climb down the ladder. I moved away the pillow keeping them on their right place and sat by her side. I checked her heartbeat and temperature, her heartbeat was very fast and her temperature was also very high. She was too scared, even her hands were cold from tension.