Chp 36: The Rape Case

(Meher...)
We sat in the car and drove off to court. As we reached Abeer held me by my shoulders showing his support. We were going inside when Akshat came in front of us. "There's still time people, move back, no one will make you win, what evidence you have against me?," he asked and I looked at him angrily and his mother came in front from behind him. "You will have to back off, I will prove my son innocent," she said pointing a finger at me. "And I will also prove my wife innocent, let's go Meher," replied Abeer and took me inside the court and we sat on the bench.

The court case started and first mumma was called. "When did this happen? Are you sure Akshat has raped her?," asked Akshat's lawyer. "Yes I am sure because my daughter never lies," she confessed. "What's the guarantee? She can tell a lie to ruin his reputation?," he asked and I started crying. Abeer rubbed my back and kept his arm around my arms asking me not to cry. "No, it's the truth because no girl says that to ruin anyone's reputation," she replied angrily. Judge interrupted them. "You can't point at someone without knowing the truth, remember you can get suspended," he said. "Do you have any proof?," asked the lawyer and my heart sank as there was no proof. "No, but I have a witness, this man sitting beside her is her doctor and her husband, he did her checkup after the rape took place, you can ask him," she said pointing at Abeer and I looked at him and the judge called him while mumma got out of witness box and he stood up and went.