Chp 20: Beautiful Surprise

(Abeer...)
I laid next to her and kept staring at her, the moment she said she will go this week, I died a little inside. I had held her hand and didn't got even a wink of sleep. I kissed her forehead and kept my head on pillow again. I didn't knew when sleep took over me. Next morning I woke up and remembered it was her birthday. Today wasn't my morning shift, it was afternoon shift. I got off the bed and went to freshen up, when I came back, Meher was still asleep so it was easy for arrangements.

I decorated whole room and kept her gifts, some on bed and some on couch. I had already ordered a cake yesterday, it was in the fridge. I saw her wake up stretching her arms, I switched on the light and started singing happy birthday song for her. She rubbed her eyes and looked at me while I continued singing for her, she smiled. "Thank you doctor," she said teasing me. "Huh?," I asked. "You are my doctor," she said. "No we are boyfriend girlfriend now," I said. "Just joking, come," she said asking me to come closer and I did. She kissed me on cheek followed by a hug. I hugged her back.

"Meher, do you like to play music?," I asked suddenly. "Yes why?," she asked me back. "Nothing just asking," I replied and she broke the hug. "I know you're asking so there's definitely something, maybe a surprise, I will wait," she said and got down the bed, she looked around the room for the first time, she didn't got to see that first because I sung the song so she didn't got a chance.