Chapter Nine

Ethan laughed remembering that after arguing about which book was better, Eragon or Song of the Sparrow, they switched stories from their childhoods with each other. Michael found out that Bella could shoot a bow well and Ethan found out that Nathan was good with a sword. Ethan went to get a book and overheard Georgia asking Michael if he wanted to get married. Michael had said no. Ethan came back from getting a book pretending that he didn't heard their conversation. It bothered him though.

Ethan shook his head and walked into the library. "Full day of reading!" He thought excitedly. Nerd. Shush! I just saying what I think. You're mean. Thank you. Ethan rolled his eyes and walked to the back of the library. He was running his hand along the books when his hand dropped like a book wasn't there. He stopped and took a closer look. There wasn't a book but a journal! He took it out, it had a worn out leather cover. He opened it and it said:

Ethan gasped, "Michael and Nathan have a sister!" Oh my goodness no way

Ethan gasped, "Michael and Nathan have a sister!" Oh my goodness no way. I know right but why isn't she here? I wouldn't know but I bet if you read that you could find out. I'm not going to read her diary. Yes you are. It's personal. So she left it here it's her fault for not taking good care of it. Fine but if I get in trouble. Trust me you won't. Then Ethan started to read.

While he was reading his mind was exploding with the new information. Melanie was Michael's twin! Michael hated the outdoors but Melanie could get him to go outside. On warm summer nights the three out them would go out to a meadow and watch the fireflies. Michael and Melanie were very close.

Then on their 14th birthday they both woke up with the ability to read minds. They now knew what their family was really thinking. When Michael found out that Nathan was jealous of him always with Melanie he decided to hang with his little brother more. He could easily talk to his sister by telepathy if he got bored. They did this for two years. Then one day after their 16th birthday. Their mother thought, "When should I tell Michael and Melanie that they are getting married." Melanie said something of course being Melanie. She was shipped off to a school for girls.

"Woah" Ethan said with his eyes wide.