Chapter 18

Harry's P.O.V

"My first father?" I nod my head.

"Would you care to explain, daddy?" She put her hands on her hips, which made her look like Anne, for a second.

"Well ,you do know I saw you first, when you were one and a half." She tells me to continue.

"Let me tell you from the first. Your mom left England, when she got to know that she was pregnant with you. In the airport, she met Mason. He sat next to her in the airplane and they eventually became friends. On her first day of work, she realized  that he was her boss. When he got to know that she was living in a hotel, he asked her to live with him. 

They became close to each other like best friends. After three months,she told him that she was pregnant. But, she never told him that the child was mine. You know....to prevent me from getting hate...so, he told her that he would pretend to be her husband, for the sake of the society. He didn't want people to talk bad about her...and when you were born, he also became your father." I take a sip of water from the glass. I look at Darcy, who was trying to digest the news.

"But, why didn't you tell me about him,before ?" Her eyes filled with doubt.

"Guess the topic never came to my head." I sit on the couch and pat the seat next to me, to tell her to sit.

"So, were you ok with me, calling him father?" I giggle at the memory.

"To be frank, I was quite shocked to hear you call him 'dada'. It hurts to hear my baby call someone else 'dad'." Darcy chuckles.

"Then, how did I stop calling him 'dada'" She draws apostrophe in the air, when she told 'dada'.

"He left Anne and you, when I came back, and when you were like two, you forgot him. Then, you started calling me daddy." I yawn. Man, I'm sleepy.

"Dar, mind if I go to sleep? Kinda tired." I yawn again.

"Kay, g'night dad." She hugged me and went towards her room.

I woke up early in the morning to hear the door knocking.

I opened the door to find the same old blue eyes, I saw fourteen years ago.

"Hey, bro." He gave me a bear hug.

"You haven't aged a bit, Mason." I tell him the truth.

"Thanks, but you look so old, Harry. Haven't been sleeping much, huh?" Both of us laugh.

"No, just tired. Would you mind if go take a shower?" I move to allow him to enter the room.

"No probs, bro." I walk to the bathroom and take a long shower.

Mason's P.O.V

"Dad, where's my breakfast? I have to reach college early, today. Have to complete some science project and it's due today....dad? dad, are you alive?" I look up to see a beautiful, Anne's photocopied 16yr old girl and another girl with her.

"Hey, Belle." I scream which made her jump.

"Hey, Mason?" I nod my head. She comes down the stairs and shakes my hand. Instead, I pull her to a hug.

"I'm so sorry....I just couldn't believe that I'm seeing you after so long. It's been fourteen years. Anyways, happy belated birthday!" She smiles and hugs me back.