Chapter 24

Darcy's P.O.V

It is a sunny day outside and here I am, locked it my room, crying to death.

What happened you ask me? Well I'll tell you. Yesterday,

1. I broke up with Aadil.

2. I found out that I was the reason mom died.

3. Amie went missing.

Let me tell you from the beginning.

Time- 10 am.

I was taking a walk around the college park. I had second period free so I thought of finding a peaceful place to sit and listen to music.

I saw Brenda, the captain of the cheer leading team aka a bimbo. She is blonde with fake blue eyes and she always wears a too short skirt and a top which shows too much of cleavage.

She was laughing with another guy behind the tree.

I thought that I should not invade her privacy as it was not any of my business to see who the guy was. But when I heard his voice, I recognized it immediately. 

I thought that he was with her for a complete logical reason and I shouldn't come to any conclusion. I completely lost it when he hugged her and kissed her right in front of me.

I don't know what came into me and I ran and slapped his face real hard. He looked a little startled to see me there and his eyes had guilt filled in them. 

He tried to reason out with me but I was in no good mood to listen to his stories. I can't believe that Aadil cheated on me for that bimbo.

He has sent 26 missed calls and 13 texts which I'm not in a mood to check. I couldn't even tell dad as it would ruin his and Uncle Zayn's relationship. 

I tried searching for either Taylor or Amie to talk to, but they had classes. I went into the bathroom and locked myself there for the entire day. By the end of the last period, my eyes were puffy and red. 

I saw Aadil waiting for me near his car but I completely ignored. I hate him! I never, ever imagined that I would ever come to such a stage where I would tell the words ' I hate you' to him instead of ' I love you.' 

I entered the house to find it empty. I quickly went to the washroom and washed my face. I also put on some make-up to prevent dad from having any suspicions. I completed my assignments and ate dinner.

Time - 9 pm.

Dad came home and his eyes looked like he was crying. I asked him what the matter was and he told me that this day ,next month , was the day mom died.

I wanted to know how she died but he told me that I wasn't ready for it. I kept irritating him until he gave up. Now, I just wished I never had asked him.

He said that fourteen years back the incident occurred.

My dad, my mom and me were going to the airport to go to England. Mom had forgave dad for cheating on her and we were moving back to Europe with my dad. 

During the ride to the airport, my dad realized that the engine was leaking. The taxi driver along with dad went in search of a car mechanic, while I was alone with mom in the car. My mom wanted to make a phone call so she went out of the car. I was feeling bored and I saw a lighter near the driver's seat. When I picked it up, I heard mom scream at me. I panicked and dropped the lighter and the diesel caught fire.

My mom freaked out and rushed into the car. She pushed me out of the car because of which I hurt my head and passed out. By the time, my mom was about to come out of the car, the car blasted because of which my mom died. 

As my head hit the rock very hard, I suffered from psychogenic amnesia therefore, I can't remember anything which happened before the age of two. I don't even remember how my mom looked, or how she talked. 

After dad told me how mom died, I blamed everything on myself. Dad told me that I was mom's everything and if anything had happened to me, mom would have died either way.

But, because of my stupidity, dad lost his love. The one who changed dad and made him believe in love. I told dad that if mom was alive, there would have been more me. Dad told me to stop blaming myself, but I couldn't help it. 

I hate myself. I hate myself cause I'm a murderer. I hate myself cause I killed my own mom. I feel like dying now. I thought that mom died because of some disease but I was wrong. I'm wrong in everything. I wish I died and mom lived. I wish mom never saw me with the lighter and never came to save me.

Time- 10 pm.

Dad got a phone call from Uncle Louis telling him that Amie never returned home from college. He called every of her friends, but no one knew where she was. 

Dad along with the others went to search for Amie but didn't get any trace of her. Some people around the college told them that they saw two men , taking her in a jeep. They thought that they were Amie's friends so they didn't report it.

Aunt Eleanor completely lost it. She told that she won't eat anything until Amie is found. Everyone tried to make her understand that it would harm the baby, but she didn't listen.

They went to report to the police station but the police said that they have to wait for 24hrs to be sure that Amie is missing. 

Taylor, Edward and even Aadil are at my house as their parents are out.

It's been ten hours since Amie disappeared and yet no one found her. I just hope that she's alright. I hope that she would just barge into my room and tell me to help her get dressed for a date with Ryan.

Sorry for not uploading soon. I was busy with school work.

How did you find the chapter? Do you think Aadil meant to cheat Darcy? Should Darcy blame herself for the death of Anne? Is Amie alright and what happened to her?

Picture of Juliana - Daughter of Mason is on your right...

Pls vote and comment.

Keep smiling, girls!!