Chapter 23

Darcy's P.O.V

3 weeks later....

"Hey, Darcy. Is this seat taken?" I close my book and shake my head.

"Do you want to talk about something, Ed?" He sits next to me.

"No..yes..kinda...umm..I was wondering..Do you think, Amie will ever look at me as more than a friend?" His eyes are filled with expectation and curiosity.

"I'm sorry to hurt your feelings, Ed. But, you and Amie are never meant to be. Ryan loves Amie and Amie loves Ryan..There's no one in this world who can break their love. You know that, don't you?" His eyes change into disappointment and for a fraction of second, I regretted telling him the truth.

"I know..guess Amie loving me will remain a dream forever.."He signed.

"Chill..there are millions of girls out there who falls for you." I place my hand on his.

"Millions? Best joke I heard all day." When will he open his eyes and see the truth?

"Remember Tulips? Your secret  admirer in elementary school. What about Stella or Stacy or even Ivy? They all wanted to be your girlfriend more than anything in this world.." 

"Tulips moved to China, after her dad died...And about Stella, Stacy and Ivy..They wanted to sleep with all the sports' jocks." I don't know what to do to light up his mind..

"Do you want to watch a movie with me, tonight?" I try to change the topic.

"Which one?" 

"What about 'Love once, never dies' ?" It's a comedy-romantic movie. I saw it once and I loved it.

"Okay. Sounds cool. When should I come to your house?" 

"How about seven or eight ?" 

"Cool. Bye. The next class is going to start in about 5 mins. I don't want to be late and get detention again." I nod my head and wave my hand.

I open the door to find no one in the house. I guess dad is still in work.

Dada and his family left to Australia last week and Amie moved back to her house after Uncle Louis apologized to her.

Now, it's same like old times. Only me, dad and Aaddie. I still haven't changed his name. Don't know what to name him. 

He has grown quite big. He's already been potty trained and he also does simple tricks like shaking hands, licking your face and rolling on the grass. He is so cute and adorable. He is the best birthday gift ever.

I change into simple sweats and sit down to complete all my assignments.

Just as I was about to start my Maths' homework, I hear dad's car being parked in the garage.

I peek out  my window to find dad talking to our neighbour, Macy. She is 30 and dad is 36 yrs old. She is the only parent of Jamie. Jamie is 10yrs.

Macy and her husband got divorced last year. It's so sad to see couples breaking up.

I run down the stairs when dad entered the house.

"What were you talking with Macy?" I smirk and he giggles.

"Nothing, hun. She just wanted to talk about renovating her house. She wanted to know how much it might cost." He is clueless.

"Why did she tell you that? Your just a singer and a chef. How will you know the cost?" I glare at him.

"I don't know." He simply says.

"Isn't it quite obvious?" 

"Isn't what obvious?" He is confused. Can't believe that he was a flirt and a player 17yrs back.

"That she likes you." 

"Who likes me?" I grown in annoyance.

"Macy!" Duh!

"Stop thinking rubbish. Macy doesn't like me. She just sees me as a neighbour and as a friend." I follow him to his room.

"You know that it's fake. You know she likes you." I smirk at him.

"No she doesn't. Would you mind going out of my room? I want to take a shower and change my clothes." He closes the door and locks it.

"Macy has a crush on you!" I shout from the other end of the door and laugh. 

Macy and dad would look so cute together. I might be one of the first daughters who want their dad to marry someone.

I really want dad to be happy and if he starts dating again,  my mission is complete!!

"Hey, Ed. Do you want sweet corn or pop corn?" I yell from the kitchen.

"Both will do fine!" He yells back.

"I'm not that jobless to cook both. I'm cooking popcorn and that's it. If you like sweet corn then you cook it yourself." I heat the stove and take a vessel to cook the corns.

"If you were going to cook only popcorn, then why ask me?" He enters the kitchen.

"Cause I have manners. And dad has always told me to treat guests with due respect." I say it slowly and in a girly voice.

"Then why not cook sweet corn?" 

"Cause I don't have manners. duh!! Anyways where are your manners? Don't you know that once you have gone to someone else's house, you should help them and not the opposite ?" I grin.

"Let's just say, I don't have manners either." He grins back.

"Did you set up the living room for watching the movie?" I put the newly cooked popcorn onto a bowl and smell it's aroma.

"Yeah. Give me some. My stomach is growling!!" He rubs his tummy and does a puppy-dog face.

"Then bring a bowl. I'll share the popcorn with you." I sit on the couch with him next to me.

"Have you seen 'Love Once, Never Dies' ? I ask him as I play the movie.

"No, but people say it's a good movie." Both me and Ed spent the entire 2 hours watching the movie and commenting on the actors' and actresses' way of dressing, accent, hairstyles, etc, etc, etc...

What do you guys think about Harry dating Macy? Do any of you have any name for Aaddie? If you forgot, he is the puppy Aadil bought Darcy. I see Alyson Hannigan as Macy. Her pic is on your right....

Quote of the chapter - Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by choice.

Keep smiling cause 2014 has begun!!