Trip

"How was school cutie?" He gushes cuddling you cheerfully.

"I think I made a demon friend today." You answer, showing him the textbook. He stops, becoming serious suddenly.

"Stay away from demons ___... They're bad news." He tells you. You blink and frown.

"No. Everyone says that about everyone, I'll make my own mind up." You reply, surprising him.

"....You're so grown up! My little human!!" He gushes hugging you happily. You're pulled away from his grasp and blink back at Kid.

"Would you stop being clingy old man? Leave her alone." The werewolf scolds, setting you down to the side.

"You're one to talk, you've been getting even closer to-" Kid throws a clove of garlic at his face. "GAH! When did you get that!?"

"I carry them around now for when you do or say something I don't like." Kid deadpans before leading you out.

Shanks scoffs watching you both go out. "How much longer are you going to fight it...?"

"Kid, You okay?" You peer at his face. He blinks and looks at you.

"Yeah, why?" He raises an eyebrow. You tilt your head to his hand on the small of your. "Oh... Sorry..." He takes his hand back. "I'm going to leave tomorrow."

"Oh, is it that time again?" You tilt your head.

"Yeah, so make sure to take care of things here while I'm gone..." He shrugs.

"Okay Kid, have fun on your trip!" You smile up at him. He smiles back, putting a hand over your eyes briefly before leaving you alone. You were rather sad whenever he left on those trips every month. You blink and gasp, "Shit... That means I'm about to start...." You mutter, hurrying to your room.

Kid sighs running a hand through his hair as he packs his backpack. "You've sighed three times since you came in. Is it really bothering you this time?" Killer asks sharpening his scythe.

"She's been having those nightmares a lot lately. What if she has one while I'm gone and needs me?... I hate that I still can't control it..." He murmurs.

"I'll keep an eye one her if you want, though it would help if she had a permanent sleeping companion."

"I can do that just not when it's that time..." He trails off before bursting with frustration, "Dammit! This is bullshit! Why is this a thing!?" He growls covering his eyes.

"Take it easy Kid, Its only for a few days... And you always seem to like how she greets you when you return." Killer tries to soothe.

"That is true... And she can call... Although I won't be able to return..." He sighs looking at his cellphone.

"She'll be fine, don't worry." Killer chuckles.

"What are you chuckling about?" Kid gives him a frown.

"It just seems like it's getting harder for you to stay away at these times, it must be hard to be imprinted." The reaper comments.

"Shut up. I'm not imprinted." Kid growls focusing on packing.

"Sure...."

"Guys! Ace and I got fresh veggies for dinner!" You chime carrying in a basket with Ace trailing behind smiling.