Partner

"What? But Kid! He's sick!" You gasp, scrambling for some fruit. "He shouldn't be alone when he's sick!"
"He's a wizard, he'll be fine." He sweatdrops.
"Then you should read this." Law hands him a paper. Kid scans over it.
"Why am I just now being told about this!?" Kid bursts.
"Im going to Mihawk's!" You call starting down to the basement.
"What!?" Law, Kid and Shanks gasp together. You don't respond reaching the basement and going to an enchanted door.
"No!" Shanks puts a hand on the door. "You're not-" He breaks off and steps back when you give him a hard glare. You look at the others with the same glare.
"Im worried about my friend. And you keep insulting my morals by underestimating me. Knock it off." You tell them calmly.
"Sorry..." They murmur. With that, you go through the door and start through the tunnel. The torches light up, but you don't notice, phasing out.

"Steady." He whispers, keeping your hands in place as the rocks glow brighter. You grin, glancing at him.
"Am I doing it?" You breathe.
"You're doing it, don't break focus." He murmurs.
"Okay." You breathe, focusing on the rocks watching the glow and shimmer until the glow sets.
"There, you're done." Mihawk smiles.
"I did it!" You cheer hugging him. "I do have magic!"
"I knew you could." He chuckles, hugging you back.
"Thanks for showing me." You hum pulling back.
"Of course, you're my dearest friend, and it makes you so happy to provide for others." He takes your hand, kissing the back of it. "So I'll do whatever you need me to."
"Heh, and you say I'm sweet," You giggle.
"I cannot compare to you."

You go up the stairs, entering the large hall. It was even more breathtaking than you remembered. "Wow..." You whisper wandering around until you find the kitchen. Setting down the basket of fruit, you make a cup of tea for him before going to find his room.
Second floor, second door on the right, you find him in his bed. You set the tea on his nightstand and sit at the edge of his bed. Checking his temperature, you pause as his eyes ease open and peer at you.
"How was school, my dear friend?" He breathes.
"It was... I beat up the substitute with a desk... I really missed you." You confess. His eyes widen slightly and he sits up. "I made you tea."
Mihawk smiles softly, and takes a sip. "Now, you must tell me what happened that would cause my sweetest friend to revolt." He takes your hands. So you tell and he smiles a bit more. "Of course it was something like that... You were amazing today."
"But... I didn't want to look like a human in front of them..." You murmur looking down. Mihawk frowns softly and cups your cheek.
"They wont see a human now. They'll see you, the one who loves them, as monsters, and would turn into someone terrifying to protect them." He whispers.
"I..." You trail off, leaning your face in his hand. "I hated that feeling.." You meet his gaze and he tilts his head.
"I know, you're still scared that you'll turn into what you hate... But that's impossible ___, you have a heart of gold." He kisses your nose and you giggle softly.
"Enough about me, how are you feeling?" You inquire softly.
"Better now that I got to see you." He smiles.
"Is it power overflow?" You ask quietly. He pauses before nodding. "Mihawk... Why don't you get a familiar or a partner?... I-I read that this could kill you.." You look down starting to tear up. He swiftly cups your face, kissing deeply. You stop in surprise and he pulls away, rubbing your cheeks with his thumbs.
"I'm sorry, I never meant to worry you... I suppose I've been too nervous to ask if you'd be my partner." He murmurs.
"Nervous? Of course I will, especially if it helps you feel better." You tell him. He smiles again and chuckles.
"I know.. You're prefect." He touches his forehead to yours. "But, this is going to be painful."
"I can take it." You smile.
"I certainly hope so."

"Um..." You blush, looking down at the bikini. "Why did I have to change into this again?"
"We need to make sure the magic has little resistance as it passes between us.... Normally this is done in the nude but I don't want you to feel anymore discomfort." He explains, taking your hand. You cant help but to check him over, he was wearing swimmer shorts, his pale muscles rippling with each step. A blush comes to your cheeks and you look away.
"Alright..." You manage as he leads you into a large room with enchantments everywhere. He takes you to the center of it and turns to you.
"You remember the words?" He inquires, fingers intertwining with yours. You give nod, "Close your eyes and recite with me," He instructs. You close your eyes and wait patiently. He pauses, looking down at you, fingers tightening around yours. He closes his eyes and starts to recite the spell. You join in, feeling the power coming from him already.
Soon you feel numerous things at the same time. Intense heat, numbing cold, electrical pulses that jolt your heart painfully. You gasp lightly trying to remember the words. You feel his forehead touch yours and suddenly the pain is covered by the memories of you and him. From kids playing around the orphanage, to teenagers venturing to his favorite spots at night, to now, every look, every touch replaying in your head.
A smile comes to your lips and you finish reciting the spell with him. It ends and before you open your eyes, you feel lips over yours. "I love you so much." He breathes. You open your eyes as he pulls back, pink tinting his pale face. "How.. How do you feel?"
"I feel the same... Maybe I messed up..." You frown.
"No, it worked. Just give it time... Come, lets get dressed, unless you want to go swimming?" He smiles. You pause rubbing your neck.
"I think I'll head back, it's probably noon now." You point out. He nods and guides you out.
"I hope it doesn't upset you, if I don't apologize for my actions. I can't fight it anymore." He murmurs, scratching the back of his head. "I know you're not looking for romance right now, but when you do, I hope you'll think of me."
"I will Mihawk... Thank you, for always being patient." You grasp his hand before kissing his cheek. He smiles at you and you swiftly go into one of the rooms to get redressed.
When you come back out, you find him dressed next to the basement door. "Have a safe journey, I'll teach you some spells whenever you ask." He rumbles.
"I'll come over this weekend after the harvest." You chime before going down stairs and through the enchanted door.
Halfway back you stop, touching your lips. "I'm sorry I cant return your feelings right now." You whisper, closing your eyes.
"Are you okay?" A voice makes you look up to see Law.
"Hey, were you waiting for me?" You ask. The demon offers a smile and nod, holding out his hand.
"It's late, you should've slept there." He tells you. As you take his hand and continue with him.
"I would've but..." You rub your neck, looking down.
"He kissed you, didn't he?" He guesses. You blush lightly and nod. "You shouldn't feel bad. That's a smart man, he knows you're not ready.... Plus if you feel bad now, its going to get worse when the others start to make their moves."
You look up at him in confusion. He glances at you and chuckles. "Mihawk isn't the only one harboring feelings for you," He points out.
".... Are you sure?" You give him a look. The demon chuckles again, tail wrapping around you.
"I'm positive. Just don't feel bad, it'll sting but we understand... I think..." He puts a knuckle to his chin.
"We...?" You echo. He pauses before coughing as you leave the tunnel together.
"The werewolf is in your bed." He informs you as he guides you out of the basement.
"He is? Thanks for the heads-" You break off, pulling him into a room. You peer out carefully as Ace shuffles by, a box of paints in his arms and a paint brush between his lips, humming to himself.
"You never see him during the day huh?" Law guesses.
"Where does he go?" You whisper curiously.
"Cant tell ya, he's not finished anyway." He nudges your shoulder before going out to the zombie. "Here, I'll take those for you, do you need to grab anything else?" He asks Ace, carefully taking the paints and brush.
"More..." Ace breathes.
"More paint? I can get those if you want to get started Ace." Law uses his tail to open a portal.
"Kay.... Thanks...." Ace hums before shuffling through. Law follows him through before the portal closes. You tilt your head before deciding to go to your room. Sure enough, Kid was asleep in your bed. A smile comes to your lips and you go over and crawl in with him.
"Mm... You're back..." He murmurs, waking slightly.
"Yeah, he feels better now." You breathe.
"Good... You worry too much sometimes." He pulls the blanket over you.
"Yeah I do... I think I'll stay home tonight..." You yawn.
"Alright, sleep well..." He whispers. You nod and close your eyes, feeling him move closer and nuzzle your hair. Sleep follows almost instantly.

Was this a dream? It felt real. You sat in your seat as Sel stands in front of the class. Before he can begin, Mihawk walks in. "So you're Sel, I heard that you gave my dear- students a hard time yesterday." He rumbles lowly crossing the room. "Normally I'd take it to Hawkins, but, she was upset... I cant let that slide." Mihawk touches his wound to Sel's forehead and turns him into a worm. Mihawk flicks the worm into a plant before looking at the class as they applaud.
"Don't applaud me, compared to the actions of your fellow student yesterday, this is nothing... I hope that you will not put her in the same category as him." He says with a small frown.
"Who could put them in the same category?" You look over at Wiper, an angel as he frowns. "___ has never done us wrong."
"Yeah, whenever I got sick, she let me borrow her notes and gave me some mint fruit... I never asked her for help." Kaya, the nymph agrees.
"When I used to get bullied, she made the bullies focus on her."
"She gave me food when I was hungry."
"When I was sad she sat with me."
"We never thought of her as one of them.... But, we did look the other way when Lucci and his friends bullied her." Perona, another ghost admits, looking at the chimera, "But that's because theyre scary."
Lucci's ears flatten at that and he looks down. "So you're the one that's been... You know, I pleaded with her to tell me, she refused... Saying that if that was your way coping with sadness then she wouldn't mind being your outlet.' Mihawk comments, watching him. Lucci meets his gaze before suddenly getting up.
"Excuse me," He says going out. You move to go after him, feeling some worry.
"I hope you'll all put her at ease when she comes back tomorrow." Mihawk says.

Your eyes ease open and you sit up, rubbing your temple. Weird... Maybe Mihawk wanted to show you that? You stretch and get out of bed, going to the kitchen. Sanji placed youre breakfast in the fridge. You smile and take it out, finding it still warm.
After eating you go downstairs to get the food for the creatures in the tank room. You go back up to the hall and pause hearing someone knocking. You glance to Shanks room before going to open the door. You freeze in surprise.
"... Lucci?"