With You

"Mihawk, wake up." You breathe setting the tray down on the nightstand. You sit at the edge of his bed and check his temperature. His gold eyes ease open at the contact and drift to you. "Didn't you sleep?" You murmur. "You look so tired, take the day off..." You frown softly.
"I'll be fine my dear...." He murmurs sitting up. You frown and put a hand on his shoulder.
"Mihawk...." You start to protest but he leans forward, forehead pressing against yours as he pulls you into himself and rolls over, pulling you down with him.
"I'll stay if you remain with me." He breathes. You blush as his fingers brush over your cheek.
"Pardon me Mr. Dracule, but isn't this scandalous?" A voice makes you both look up to see Law sitting on the wall with a fire extinguisher.
"Law...? What are you doing?" You ask.
"Damage control, so far his face only caught fire twice." He hums. "I didn't realize you two were so close."
"We've always been close." Mihawk says, eyes not leaving you. "We used to do so much together..."
"Yeah." You murmur meeting his gaze. "Shanks always complained about it too." You hum pulling away. Mihawk pouts the slightest at that. "I made you breakfast, I'll see you after school okay?" You smile at him.
"Very well, have a good day." He rumbles kissing your cheek. You blush lightly and nod before getting up and leading Law out.
"Im surprised you're not staying with him." The demon comments, walking with you.
"I would but I missed yesterday, and I never had a substitute teacher here. Guess I'm curious to meet them." You smile thoughtfully. "Wonder what kinda creature they are." You skip a bit and grab your backpack, taking out a book. "Maybe a troll o-or a deity! Wouldn't that be cool?!" You gush.
"You're so cute when you're excited." Sabo chuckles, coming over with Ace.
"Good evening Sabo, Ace!" You greet cheerfully, kissing their cheeks. Ace smiles softly while Sabo tugs at his hat, slightly embarrassed.
"Evening..." Ace hums, nuzzling your cheek.
"E-Evening ___." Sabo breathes.
"How did you sleep Sabo?"
"I slept great," The vampire smiles.
"Ace, have any daytime adventures?" You inquire to the zombie.
"Maybe....." He murmurs.
"Tell me about it?" You request with a head tilt.
"Later." He smirks slowly.
"Mysterious zombie..." You kiss his cheek again.
"Sneaky zombie." Law and Sabo mutter.
"___!" Luffy swirls around you cheerfully.
"Good evening everyone," Nami greets coming up with an arguing Zoro and Sanji.
"Hey Nami!.... Where's Kid and Killer?" You frown looking around.
"I didn't see them at breakfast." Nami admits.
"Maybe they didn't wake up?" You breath brushing past and going up to the pair's room, knocking. "Kid? Killer?" You call before opening the door and peering in. Kid rubs his eyes sleepily.
"Killer has work... What time....?" He looks to the alarm clock and curses.
"Hey, you look tired still," You go in and over to him. "Want to stay home today and watch out for Mihawk?" You ask softly.
"... Sure I guess..." He yawns laying back. "Be good." He smirks slightly.
"Nah, maybe I'll cause trouble like my favorite werewolf." You chuckle.
"But I like you being like my favorite human." He touches your hand.
"Favorite human huh? I knew it." You head to the door, giving him a wave before going downstairs and meeting up with the others.
"Not coming?" Law guesses.
"Nope, lets get going."

You smile as you take your seat, waiting for the substitute teacher to enter. Law nudges you with his tail and you share a smile before a human man walks in. You blink in surprise straightening slightly.
"Hello Filth." The substitute rumbles, making the monsters shift uneasily as his eyes scan over the class. "Im Sel, and I'm here to properly educate you, but first, I'll assert my dominance." His eyes land on Lucci. "Chimeras are top predators, but they have a fatal allergic reaction to a certain metal. Can anyone name that metal?" He asks, approaching Lucci slowly.
"Platinum..." You murmur as he pulls out a small platinum rob.
"That's right, my fellow human." Sel rumbles before touching the rod to Lucci's neck, making a sizzling noise. The Chimera cry out and lurch back. "Stay still, I wasn't done." He hisses, moving to prod the Chimera again but the rod meets your arm. He pauses and looks at you.
"Stop. You know that scars their skin." You frown. "Coward."
"Coward? Im a hunter sweetheart." He growls, digging the rod into your arm. You wince slightly at that.
"I don't give a damn. I wont let you give them another reason to hate me." You respond. "Now back off before I give you one."
"You're just a confused little girl, what are you going to do?" He smacks you to the side, and you hit a desk.
"Keep your damn hands off of her." Law growls, black fire flickering around him.
"Shut up." Sel huffs, tossing a vile at the demon, which shatters on him, making his skin hiss and double over. You blink at Law, tears coming to your eyes as something build up in your chest before you grab the desk leg and get up, hitting Sel with the desk. The substitute teacher topples over some desks, but before he can recover, you hit him again. Sel falls back, looking up at you in shock.
"You call yourself a hunter? I call you my prey. Harm another person, creature, being here, and I'll bash your head in." You snarl, tossing the desk at him before picking up the rod and digging it into his temple. "Savy?"
"Y-Yes ma'am." He stammers. You straighten up and swiftly go to Law's side, cupping his face.
"Y-You're gonna be okay right? Im so sorry..." You sniffle, tears rolling down your cheeks. Law looks at you, panting slightly from the pain and chuckles softly.
"Yeah, I'll be okay... Don't cry please..." He breathes, trying to wipe your tears away.
"B-But you're hurt..." You look at his steaming skin. "I don't know what to do...."
"Use this." A hand offers you a small glass bottle which you take and swiftly put over the skin, ignoring the sulfuric scent. Law relaxes as the steaming stops and his skin starts to heal.
"G-Good, thank you.." You throw the person a smile and pause, seeing it was Lucci. "Y-You're neck... I have something for that...." You swiftly go to your backpack, swiftly adding some ingredients to a bottle and shaking it as you whisper an enhancement, causing the contents to glow before returning to the Chimera. "Here, tilt your head back please." You murmur, helping him do so as you open the bottle.
Pouring the liquid on the burn mark, you smile a bit as it lights up and heals. "There... No scar." You smile at him, relieved. Lucci blinks at you before looking away.
"I say we all leave class early," Lucci tells the class before brushing past and going out. The class steadily follows him, some patting your head or shoulder as they go by.
"I have friends in all of your classes Sel. I dare you to give me a reason to come for your head." You look at the man before guiding Law out of the classroom.
"You're really scary." Law murmurs. You frown and look down at the floor.
"I didn't want him to hurt anyone else... I had to turn into a bad human..." You whisper. Law frowns, turning your face to him.
"You're not a bad human, he is... Thank you for being the stronger human and defending us." He whispers, giving a smile before kissing your cheek. "Im happy you care so much about everyone... And me." You blink at him as he drops his gaze.
"Law... You're my best friend." You smile and hug him. "Of course I care about you." The demon lets out a breath and hugs you back tightly.
"Thank you. I care about you too." He breathes.
"Hmm... What do we do for a class period?" You pull back and look around.
"Not sure... Library?" He suggests.
"I do want to see if they got the new species book!" You gush suddenly grabbing his hand and skipping for the library. Law chuckles, letting you drag him along, into the beautiful Victorian style library. You go to the librarian, a nine tailed fennec fox. "Evening Mr. Crocodile." You smile cheerfully. His ears flicker in response, tails feeling around him before presenting you a book.
"New edition." He says bluntly. You smile and take out a box, opening it and offering him a rainbow colored fruit.
"They finally started bearing fruit." You hum as he sniffs at it, before taking it.
"Thank you for remembering me." He rumbles, eating it.
"Right back at you." You hum, leading Law to a table and sitting down. The demon sits beside you as you both look over the new species. "Oh! Look at this one! Such cool markings!" You gush quietly. "And this one has such pretty eyes! I wonder what they can see!"
Law watches you fondly whenever you gush over each species, tail wrapping around you steadily. "You're beautiful." He murmurs and you stop, blushing lightly before meeting his gaze.
"You really think so? I don't have wings... or a tail, or eyes that look like a galaxy..." You look at the monsters fondly.
"No, you don't.... But your eyes still flicker and glitter just as beautiful as a galaxy. Your hair holds that same quality. Then there's your beautiful face that looks like an angel." He tips your chin gently. "You're so beautiful already, you don't need any additions." He smiles softly. You blush heavily before covering your face.
"Law...." You murmur, making him chuckle, forehead pressing to your temple.
"I thought that since I first saw you. And you know, demons can feel a humans heart, so that also helps." He hums, fingertips brushing over the back of your hand. "Did you know that ___?"
"Not really, my book is vague in it's explanation... Can you tell me?" You look at him curiously. Law tilts his head, putting a knuckle to the scruff on his chin.
"Demons take in emotion from humans, we feel whatever they feel if we're near them. Hate, anger, sadness, grief, lust, greed, sloth, envy, happiness. Everything. So it's nice to be around you because you're always happy, or worried, or flustered..." He pokes your cheek.
"I wish I knew what you felt." You murmur.
"I feel great as long as I'm with you." He rumbles.
"Then I'm glad you're with me."