A Feast

Youre woken by a hand on your cheek and gasp softly. "It's okay ___, just a nightmare." Law breathes quietly. You blink up into his silver eyes and relax.
"Im sorry... Did I wake you?" You whisper.
"No, demons don't sleep much, and don't apologize, you cant control it." He kisses your forehead. You blink and smile a bit.
"Why do you do that?" You ask him.
"I don't know... I feel really comfortable around you... Does it bother you?" He asks with a frown.
"No, of course not." You sit up, "Come here." You breathe pulling him into a hug. He hesitates in surprise.
"What..."
"I just... Feel like you need this." You murmur. He blinks and carefully hugs you back, eyes narrowing before he hides his face in your shoulder. You rub his back between his wings. "I don't know what youre holding in, but it's okay Law... Im here..." You assure softly. His arms tighten around you at that, nuzzling your shoulder.
A few moments pass and someone clears their throat in the doorway. You blink and look over with Law at Kid. "Is... Everything okay?" Kid raises an eyebrow at you.
"Yeah, I just had a nightmare and Law came to comfort me. Thanks Law." You give the demon a smile. He blinks and looks toward your window.
"It's almost night, are you still staying home? I think you should sleep a bit more." He tells you.
"Hmm... That's a good question..." You murmur putting a knuckle to your chin. "Im tired. But I have dragon breath fruit to harvest for Mr.Donquixote, and they expire fast..." You murmur.
"Can't you skip feeding the imp for a day?" Kid huffs. "I agree with the demon, you look tired."
"But.... Fine, I'll invite him over, after school." You take out your phone.
"You have his number?" Kid frowns heavily.
"Imps crave human attention, I researched it all. And since I'm the only human that pays attention to him I thought he'd like to keep in touch." You hum texting the imp.
"You think of everyone don't you?" Law smiles a bit.
"Of course, we all have to stand together if we're going to survive the darkness.." You respond without thinking. Law blinks in surprised confusion.
"What...?" He murmurs.
"Hm? I said of course." You repeat. Law looks to Kid who gives a slight shake of his head.
"___...." Ace peers into your room, eyes narrowing at Law briefly. "Okay...?"
"Im okay Ace, how are you? What did you do today?" You ask getting up and going over to him.
"Harvest...." He looks down at the stone box in his hands. You blink and open it to look at the water jewl fruits.
"Wow! I didn't know they were already in season! Thank you so much you cutie!" You chime kissing all over his face. He chuckles sheepishly.
"Water jewel fruit huh? I guess youre baking today, want me to get more fruit?" Kid guesses. You bounce at that.
"Yes! I'll invite our teachers and friends for a feast!" You cheer.
"Oh boy, sounds like everyone better wake up and harvest before going to school." Kid chuckles stepping into the hall and giving a howl. You giggle at that.
"I love it when you howl..." You breathe excited. Kid blushes and smiles sheepishly at that.
"I lo- J-Just get dressed, demon, get out of her room!" Kid orders as everyone comes out.
"Don't order me around werewolf." Law scoffs stepping out. Kid snarls at him but you move in front of Law giving Kid a stern glare.
"Behave." You tell him firmly. Kid leans away in surprise.
"... Sorry ___..." With that you go back in your room and get dressed for the night. Kid and Law glare at eachother until Nami floats forward, taking in a warning breathe. They both swiftly cover their ears.
"Now.... Why were we woken before sundown?" She asks.
"Oh, ___'s skipping school to make a feast and has decided to invite the teachers." Kid tells them.
"On it!" The others gasp before splitting up.
"This happens a lot?" Law asks.
"Yeah, but usually when certain fruits come into season." Kid shrugs. "I don't know what she'll want you to do but watch your step." He adds before going out. You soon come out, giving Law a smile.
"I need to get more stones started for tonight... Will you help me enchant them? I think they'll be better with your power."
"If you say so." He smiles thoughtfully.
Enchanting with the demon was actually amazing. You could feel his power blanketing everything as he helped you with the different stones. You really admired the demon. He was just so...
"Youre amazing." You both say together. Law blinks in surprise and you blush before giggling.
"What made you say that?" He inquires.
"You just are Law! You just swooped in and took the unease I had away! Youre so strong and smart and nice! I just admire you!" You chime pulling out the large rib rack from the walk in freezer. "Though I don't know why youd say that to me." You put rack down and look around. "I want something more fresh..." You mutter.
"You're stronger than me in other ways." Law chuckles kissing your temple. "I'll see if I can find what you want." He adds before disappearing.
"I wanna cut off his lips." Kid grumbles coming in.
"Be nice to Law." You sigh going over and looking over the harvested fruit.
"I was talking about the vampire... Wait, why would I say that about the demon?! Is he-" You kiss his cheek and he freezes.
"Relax, and thank you for the fruit." You take the basket, setting it on the counter and freezing when you turn back around. Kid looms over you, hands planted on either side of you. His eyes were dark and unfocused. Your heart jumps unsteady as he leans down to your level. "K-Kid?" You manage. His hot breath sweeps over your lips and he's suddenly lifted and moved away from you.
"Not so close Eustass." Mihawk scolds lowly as Kid blinks back in confusion.
"Mihawk!" You run over and hug the warlock in relief. He hugs you back warmly.
"Are you okay ___? Did he scare you?" He cups your cheek in concern.
"Of course, he just surprised me, I know Kid would never hurt me." You smile at him then look at Kid as he rubs his neck.
"Sorry ___, I don't know what came over me..." He sighs frowning.
"Its okay Kid, I shouldn't have surprised you either." You assure. He blinks but the frown doesn't lift from his lips.
"Im gonna go back to harvesting then." He says swiftly going out.
"... What are you doing here so early Mihawk?" You ask.
"You said you weren't going to school in your message yesterday, I got worried." He admits.
"Oh, sorry, I was up until the afternoon and then had a nightmare." You yawn and shake your head. "And then I decided to make a feast for everyone tonight." You beam at him cheerfully.
"Youre really something... How is it with the new occupant? I noticed he's watching out for you." He comments.
"Law's really nice, I like him, but the others don't seem as accepting..." You frown.
"I understand, they probably feel threatened in some way. But I would not have sent him here if I thought he would cause you trouble. I know if anyone can help him its you." He says thoughtfully.
"I'll try my best!" You smile up at him. He smiles back softly and hugs you again.
"I just got hit with nostalgia... remembering when we first met." He rumbles.
"Oh! I remember that day too!"

~~~*~~~

"___! What do you think youre doing!?" The little werewolf shouts up at you angrily. You jump almost falling off the roof.
"Don't yell at me Kid! There's a little bird here! I think he's hurt!" You call back, nearing the small bird. It's wing drug on the ground as it cowars from you. "It's okay, I'm not going ta hurt you little one." You carefully scoop it up and turn to return to the window when a vulture swoops down at you, trying to steal the injured bird from you. You let out a surprised cry, stumbling back off the roof.
"___!!" Kid shouts in worry.
You blink, no longer falling, nothing had caught you though. You lean your head back to see a boy with golden eyes reaching an arm out to you. 'It was him.' You think.
"___! Are you okay my little angel!?" Shanks gasps, suddenly holding you in his arms,
"Im okay, but who's he?" You murmur, looking at the boy, he was a few years older than you, and beside him stood a stone boy, watching you quietly.
"Oh, that's Dracule Mihawk... Thanks for catching her." Shanks puts you down.
"What do you have there?" Mihawk asks you, stepping closer. You blink and gasp, swiftly looking at the bird in your hands.
"Oh! Are you okay little one? That musta scared you too." You murmur looking over the bird worriedly.
"May I?" He asks softly, reaching for the bird.
"Okay." You hand over the bird gently.
"Im sure I can heal him..." He breathes, hand grazing over the wing a soft yellow light dances over it. He moves his hand way and the bird suddenly flies off from his hand. You gasp in amazement watching it go.
"That was amazing! Are you magic!?" You exclaim looking at him excitedly.
"Mihawk is what you call a Warlock. Even though he's young he knows more spells than I can name. He's our neighbor, from the otherside of the mountain." Shanks informs you.
"Yes... Redhair, this living statue was wandering around the manor. He's lost, could you take him in?" Mihawk points at the living statue, eyes not leaving you.
"Sure... Um... Hawkeyes... Youre staring." Shanks says. The boy hums in response.
"Youre human... Arent you?" Mihawk tilts his head curiously.
"Yes I am... There's nothing special about me." You chime.
"___, who told you that?" Shanks questions.
"Kid." You smile up at him. The vampire tosses a glare at the little werewolf.
"Tattletail!" Kid snaps at you.
"You brat! Stop being mean to ___!" The vampire scolds.
"Don't listen to him ___, I have good eyes, and I can see youre very special." Mihawk smiles. You blink and smile happily.
"Will you stay for dinner? I'm helping cook tonight!" You grab his hand. He blinks and smiles.
"Sure."
"Eh? Youre going to stick around?" Shanks huffs in surprise.

*~~~*

"You were so cute when we were little!" You gush. He chuckles lightly watching you.
"Am I no longer cute?" He tilts his head with a teasing smirk.
"No. Not cute at all." Shanks answers and you both look over as he narrows his eyes at Mihawk. "You're too close Hawkeyes.." He grumbles.
"I'm leaving now, have a nice day ___, see you later." Mihawk cups your cheek before leaving. You look at Shanks to find him pouting.
"You didn't even know a came in like you normally do..." He murmurs looking down. You blink and smile a bit.
"Sorry Shanks." You hug him tightly. He hugs you back happily at that.
"So youre staying home with me today? Bonding time?" He asks cheerfully.
"Yep! Make sure you walk Beer, Wine, and Sake before you forget." You tell him, poking his nose.
"___, I found this in the meat locker in the basement, is this what you were wanting?" Law comes in with a whole pig.
"That's perfect Law! Oh! And its fresh!" You go over looking it over. "We'll have to start this right away..."
"I'll get the roaster ready if you prep it." Shanks tells you.
"Alright!" You chime.
"Do you need anymore help?" Law asks.
"No, you just have fun at school. Im sure you'll be pleasantly surprised when you return." You tell him cheerfully.
"Then I look forward to returning after school... Make sure you rest when youre done." He says moving some hair from your face before the others come in.
"We grabbed what we could, we'll head to school now." Sabo says as they set the baskets down.
"Alright! Thanks everyone! Have fun!" You chime as you get to work. They smile stealing a hug before departing. Ace hugs you tightly, cuddling your cheek with a smile. "Be good today Ace, I'll have your favorite ready tonight."
"Yay..." He hums kissing your cheek before joining the others as they leave. You giggle waving after them. You look over at Shanks as he grins at you.
"Alright Shanks! Lets get started!"