~Autumn Leaves on a Passing Breeze~

A/N: This is one of my first times actually trying to write a good quality fanfiction, so wish me luck (honestly all my other fanfics at this point are trash).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"See you tomorrow!"
Those were the last words he ever said to me.
He left on a beautiful autumn day. They sun shone through the orangey red leaves of the trees, leaving beautiful shadows on the forest floor. We were by a creek, whose waters seemed almost as clear as glass, when he told me.
"Princess Zelda's invited me to stay at the castle." He had said, "She says that they've worked it out so I can train to be a Hylian knight. Isn't that cool?"
"Yeah," I said, "Pretty cool. But promise you'll still visit me?"
"Of course! I wouldn't forget about you!" He had said, with smile. His blue eyes, almost as blue as the sky itself, glimmered with happiness.
"A-alright," I had said, trusting him fully and completely.
I had known he would never lie to me.
"See you tomorrow!" He had yelled, running off towards the edge of the woods.

I thought he would never lie to me.
Tomorrow soon became a week, then two weeks, then a month. He sent letters, but I couldn't read them very well. He promised to meet me at the creek several times, but never came.
I couldn't accept that Fairy Boy had actually lied to me.
After about a month, the letters stopped coming.
It was during that time that I began to lose hope.
~~~~~~~~
A young girl and her father were shopping in the market at Castle Town.
"Hey da, who's that strange boy?" The girl asked, pointing at the strange child with the straw hat.
"Don't pay attention to him, Malon, he's one of those forest freaks." Her father said, "He'll bewitch you and take you away."
"I don't think so." The girl responded, "He looks really sad. Can I go talk to him? Please?"
"Fine. But stay in town, alright?"
"Alright!"
The girl ran over to the boy. She could tell by the slump of his shoulders and his general posture that he was down in the dumps. "Hey mister, what's wrong?"
The boy looked up at her. He appeared rather odd, with skin that seemed almost the texture of wood, hypnotic orange eyes, and a beak. "Leave me alone." He said, "I-I don't wanna talk to you."
"Why not?" She asked, sitting down next to the strange boy from the woods, "I'm just trying to be friendly."
"I-I don't need a friend," he said, scooting away, "I'm fine! Totally fine!"
"But I need a friend." The girl said, "Ever since that boy with the fairy-"
The boy cut her off, "D-did you say boy with a fairy?"
"Yeah? Why?" She asked, staring curiously at him.
"Where is he? Do you know what happened to him?" The strange forest dweller asked.
"Uh I've seen him around. He never leaves the castle and whenever he does he's accompanied by a group of guards. I haven't seen his fairy around though."
"I gotta go!" He yelled, getting up shakily, "Uh, thanks...?
"Malon. Call me Malon." She said, "Tell him I said hi, okay?"
"Uh sure, Malon." He turned to walk away when the girl stopped him.
"Hey! You never told me your name!"
"Oh, it's Skull Kid."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
533 Words