~A Princess~

A/N: Chapter 2 of Angst.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sneaking past the guards was a cakewalk.
It was actually finding the training grounds that was difficult.
The child went unnoticed by all the knight's apprentices as they trained. None among them looked like his friend though. He snuck to a far archway to a courtyard, from which he heard a peculiar sound.
It was laughter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hid in the shadows. Surely it wasn't him? He rarely laughed when I was with him.
"Aw Link, just one more game of checkers, please?"
He was with a girl.
I crept closer to the archway entrance, careful to keep behind the plants.
"Fine Zelda, one more game. But after that I need to go to the market, alright?"
It was him. At the sound of his voice I felt like running out and revealing myself, but I remained hidden. Where was this conversation going?
"You go to the marketplace an awful lot Link, and you often try to sneak out." The girl said.
"I'm just trying to get some real action training!"
"At close to midnight?"
"That's when all the tough monsters come out!"
"Really? Why not just practice with the other apprentices? They'd be more than happy to train with you."
The boy sighed, "I've already done that Zelda. Just let me go out and have fun for once!"
"Isn't this fun?"
"No! It's not!" There was the sound of a small board being overturned, probably the checker board.
"Link, mind your manners." The girl responded coldly.
"Sorry."
"Now it's your move."
I had heard enough.
He had lied about everything. He wasn't training he was just playing wi-
"Well what do we have here?"
I was lifted off the ground and turned around to face a rather imposing lady.
"Princess Zelda, it appears we have an unwelcome guest."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: short chap.