~The Color of Amber~

A/N: Another Trigger Warning here, this time for suicide. I love these children so much and don't want to make them feel sad, but I can't seem to write happiness right now. So very sorry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"H-hey Link, c-could I talk to y-you right now?"
"Sure." The Hylian boy was very confused. Skull Kid never asked to talk to him like this. They usually spoke freely in the forest they called home.
The imp had taken the boy over to a tall cliff, far from anywhere they had been before. A winding road stretched underneath it, and a group of travelers were in sight. They appeared rather wary of their surroundings.
"Link, I-I'm sorry." Skull Kid said, "I dragged you out h-here and you've g-given up everything j-just to make me h-happy."
"But I am happy!" Link said, trying to cheer his small friend up, "I'm with you! You like me, don't you?"
"N-no you a-aren't." Skull Kid said, looking away, "Y-you deserve s-somebody better than a-a monster l-like me. Y-you can find someone b-better."
"Skull, listen to me. You are beautiful and you are loved," Link said, "don't talk that way."
But he didn't listen. There were too many negative thoughts in his head. More sadness and resentment than there should have been. Why should he continue to keep Link here? Why should he force the boy not to leave? How could he be so selfish?
"I-I'm sorry."
~~~~~~~~~
His face was absolutely emotionless as I watched him turn towards the cliff's edge. I wanted to scream, to pull him away, but I couldn't. Fear had paralyzed me.
He was going to jump and there was nothing I could do.
If the fall didn't kill him (it probably wouldn't, he was surprisingly tough) the travelers would. Skull Kids had a reputation for being thieves.
He stepped over the edge and I watched, powerless to help the only friend I had ever thought of as more than just a friend. The boy I had loved was going to die before my eyes.
I moved to the edge to see what had become of him.
He had somehow lived through the drop (I guess it has something to do with the whole being alive for thousands of years thing?) and was now under attack by travelers. He didn't fight back.
I wouldn't be able to go down there and save him. It was exactly the way he had described while we talked, being hacked to pieces with no regard that he was alive. I could hear his screams now, and I could see his blood, his amber colored blood, coming from the cuts.
It was my fault.
I could have stopped him.
But I didn't.
~~~~~~~~~~
And that's where I'm ending this round of angst. I'm very sorry for killing my precious son, but please do not fear. He's immortal and technically already dead. So I will be able to bring him back later. I'm sorry for putting you people through this angst.