~The Escape and the Aftermath~

A/N: There's going to be a POV shift halfway through this chapter. Just sort of a heads up beforehand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Getting caught by Zelda's caretaker is not fun in any way, shape or form.
The Sheikah quickly threw me out of the castle. The next day all soldiers were advised to keep any "Forest folk" from entering town.
Was this because I had snuck in? Or was it because of what I had heard?
I began to ponder this.
What had caused Link to yell like that? Why was he mad? He got to sit around all day and play checkers with the princess while I had to fight for my life just to get a bite of food. Obviously, he was better off. He didn't care about me anymore.
Anger and resentment were the only emotions I felt now. Fairy Boy had lied to me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'll count while you hide, got it?"
"Sure."
I quickly ran as she began to count. It was about midnight, yet Zelda insisted we play hidden and seek still. Of course she still had guards surrounding the castle to keep me in. But tonight would be different. Tonight I would leave.
I crept carefully to a small area in the gardens surrounded by a hedge. There was a ladder leaning against the wall along with a bag of materials such as a couple of transformation masks for quick disguises. I climbed it silently and made it past the usual guards (which is much easier going the opposite direction.) and out into Castle Town.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The forest was quiet. Too quiet.
Usually it would be filled with the sound of music, usually from one of the many spirits playing a song.
But now it was silent.
There had been rumors that the creatures of the woods had turned to wicked ways, luring travelers off the path and leading them to an untimely demise.
It was then when Link returned to the woods.
The green clothed boy had removed his traditional pointed hat in order to conceal his identity. It was surprising how many people relied on the way his hat looked.
He felt as if he were being watched. Then something tapped him.
It was a Deku Scrub.
"Y-you shouldn't have come here," it squeaked while looking around nervously, "H-he's n-not g-going to be h-happy another Hylian h-has came."
"Who?" Link asked, "What's wrong here?"
"H-him." The scrub said, still shaking nervously, "H-he's taken over the f-forest. B-because F-fairy boy left him f-for the princess."
"What?! I would nev-"
"Hush! H-he'll hear us." The scrub said, "Y-you need to run, or h-hide yourself Fairy Boy. That's a-all I c-can say." It then turned towards the bushes and ran.
He took a moment to ponder this. "Him" was obviously somebody he knew and was close to. Obviously it was-
"My my, it appears there is an intruder in my woods."
~~~~~~