~More Than Friends~

As the days passed, I began to adapt to the forest. Skull Kid was a huge help in this process, as he could tell me where to go and which places were safe. We seemed to grow closer during this time. I began to take more notice of his body language, paying attention to how he looked when he felt different ways or what he did to express his emotions. It was a bit odd at first, but I wanted to be sure of what he did when he felt certain ways. He would constantly whisper to himself in a different language, and sometimes sing in it in his sleep. He was strange, but in a good way.
One day, I asked him about it. "Why do you sing to yourself?"
He looked slightly embarrassed. "I-it's just s-something that h-helps m-me stay calm."
"Well, you have a beautiful singing voice." I said. It was true, his voice was higher pitched and sounded more like music itself.
He blushed, "Thanks..."
"I'm kinda curious, Y'know, about your habits. I-I didn't really get to know you very well earlier, and since I'll be spending more time here it'd be nice to know what I'm supposed to do, unless it bothers you-"
"I-it's fine! I-I'd be f-fine with telling y-you." He seemed nervous, but then again he was always nervous.
He gestured for me to get up and I followed suit. Skull Kid then offered me his hand in order for me to help him up. "C-common courtesy." He explained, "H-helping somebody up is a-a s-sign of friendship and g-good will."
I was a bit confused by this, but I guess it was important. He then went on to continue telling me what to do in certain situations, until I interrupted him. "How do I tell somebody that we should be more than friends?"
"W-well, uh, k-kissing is always a-a good option. An-"
I gave him a quick kiss on the forehead. Or at least I thought it was a kiss. Skull Kid was rather shocked.
"Did I do it right?" I asked him.
"U-Uh y-yeah." He replied, quickly attempting to hide his face. "D-do you really l-like me that much?"
"Of course, dummy!" I said with a smile, "You're nice, cute, and absolutely perfect. I love you for who you are."
"L-love? Me? B-but you c-could f-find somebody better than m-me..."
"No I couldn't. You're so kind and caring, and I know you would walk to the ends of the earth for me. I guess I did that for you."
He laughed. "I guess you did." He lifted up his hat a little, seeming to smile, "More than friends?"
"More than friends."