~A New Beginning~

Upon our return to the castle, I was ushered away by servants, who would apparently be "cleaning me up a bit." The entire process was extremely embarrassing. Twigs and brambles were clipped off and the leaves that I had considered to be "hair" were cut short. Then they gave me several clothing options.
"Where are the dresses?" I asked, rather confused.
"Dresses?" They seemed unhappy with my questioning, "You're a man, not a little girl. You don't wear a dress."
So I had to resign myself to picking one of the suits they offered. It was scratchy and uncomfortable compared to most of the clothes I had been wearing.
I was then directed towards my room. Well, it wasn't really my room. More like Link's room with an extra bed. I sat down on the edge of what was supposed to be my bed and thought for a moment. It was truly painful to be sharing a room with him. I wanted him to return my affection once more, to love me. But I had to let that go now...
Or at least that's what I thought.
Link came in suddenly, practically slamming the door shut behind him. He didn't see me as he launched into a string of curse words, mainly directed towards Zelda, about how stupid this whole thing was. Then he saw me.
"How much of that did you hear?"
"I think we've already established that I'm older than I look." I responded, laughing.
"Older than you look? Heh, I wouldn't really say that applies to you anymore. Take a look in the mirror."
I was surprised to find that I had grown quite a bit taller. Almost taller than Link. "H-How did this even happen?"
"I don't know," Link responded, "Maybe because you're maturing more mentally?"
"Well I guess that should be the case," I said, "So... why are you so angry?"
"There's no reason we can't be together now. Yet she keeps forcing me away from you..." he explained, "I still love you. I kept telling myself that I couldn't that, that it'd be a crime if I did. But I just couldn't let you go... You're the one I want to be with. You're the one I love!"
I was so shocked by his declaration, "Link... I too have not changed. I can't stop thinking of how much I need you in my life..."
He stared me straight in the eye, "I wish I could go back to the woods... where we could be alone. But Zelda would never approve. She doesn't let me leave unless I'm with her."
"What is with her obsession? Can't she just let you go?"
"She thinks I love her. She thinks I'll always be in love with her. That was just a short amount of time... but now she wants me to marry her..."
"Link... I never knew..." slowly, my anger melted away. I still had feelings of affection for him.
He smiled at me, pulling me close, "I will always love you... always..."
That night was different.
Link allowed me to sleep in the same bed as him, but not in the way we had once done in the forest, for comfort or for safety, this was an action of love. For a moment, I felt as if I were truly human, as if I were one with him.
That night, I didn't feel alone.