Part 12

Daisy kept telling me to make her do stuff, make me use my powers to control her. I'd make her do stupid things like a chicken dance, impersonate a cow and so on. She wanted to see the limitations of my powers and any side effects but so far, there were none.

"So, we've focused on your verbal power and now I want to put you in a situation where you'll need them to protect yourself, not for fun"

"Are you going to shoot me?" I raised an eyebrow at her as she shook her head.

"No, because I am" I heard a voice from my right and saw May step forwards, aiming a gun at me. I never really saw May with a gun, she never had one with her unless she absolutely needed it.

"Put the gun down" I sighed as she did. "Are we done now?"

"No" Daisy nodded at May causing her to walk to the door and let around ten agents walk into the room. "I want to see how many people you can control at once" They all stopped in a line and raised their guns at me.

"Drop your weapons" I ordered them but they never did, my eyes widened as they clicked the safety off their guns. Why couldn't I control them? I was going to get shot! Panic washed over me and I stepped forwards, trying to focus more on them. "Drop your weapons!" I screamed at them and thankfully they did. I started feeling weak, my knees felt like jelly and I suddenly collapsed to the floor.

"Jess!" Daisy rushed to my side and helped me sit up straight. A strange tickly feeling started on my upper lip and as I scratched it, warm liquid filled my fingers. "Okay, that's enough" Daisy ordered the agents away but May stood still and very quiet as she watched us.

"I feel weird" I whispered, rubbing my forehead as I studied Daisy's expression. She seemed genuinely worried about me but I knew she was still pissed at me for betraying everyone.

"You can't use your powers on too many people. It's too much" She explained and I shook my head standing up.

"I'm fine. It didn't kill me"

"But it can" May stepped forwards. "Which is why you need to control your abilities. We can't have you on the field, putting your life on the line because it's the easiest option"

"I can become stronger, learn to control as many people as I want without any side effects"

"With time, maybe" May shrugged. "But if you go out there, acting like the hero you'll put our lives on the line even more" I looked down at the floor, feeling like I was being lectured. I knew I could do it, I could control my powers and I could be a big help to the team, they just had to let me.

The doors opened and everyone looked as Ward strolled in, whispering something to May. She walked off and he glanced at me before running over in a panic.

"Jess! You're bleeding" He knelt down next to me, wiping away some of the blood but I pushed him back.

"I'm fine" I whispered, watching him as his muscles tensed up and he glared at Daisy.

"Did you hurt her?" He questioned her, Daisy simply shook her head at him and stood up, walking off. Great. "Jess..."

"Calm down Ward" I frowned, annoyed by his clinginess. I saw his muscles relax slowly as he seemed to relax more, I just ordered him to do that without even wanting to. "I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay" He whispered, helping me stand up. "Are you hurt?"

"No, I just tried to use my powers against a lot of agents and well, it failed" I chuckled slightly but he remained blank.

"Don't push yourself. I can't have you hurting yourself"

"I need to learn to control my powers, expand them so I can use them more effectively Ward. This is the only way"