you taste like blue

it felt red. 

we see each  other for the first time. my clothes are white. blank and empty like the clouds. you blink once, twice. i felt my heart beat so loud that I was afraid somebody else would hear it. i only see you few a few seconds before you walk away. i feel like touching the door, just to know what your voice sounds like. i can feel my heart thumping through my cheeks.  

i know my face is red. 

it felt grey. 

it was raining and you had forgotten an umbrella. you wait because the walk home is too far and you live in a bad neighborhood. you close your eyes and let the droplets hit your shoes. you step closer to the edge, embracing the coldness all around you. 

you stretch your arms out, imagining that your skin was as soft as the rain falling. and then there is a honk, and my heart flutters. a familiar pair of black eyes welcome you into the car ride home. you slowly climb in and i let eyes wander. 

the smoke from your lips was as grey as the sky. 

it sounded yellow. 

we walk together in the morning. the sun beamed at us like the smile on my face. i couldn't keep the overflowing love in my heart; i was a loose tap. you laugh and put a hand on my shoulder, and everything i know caves into my heart, calloused and shivering like ice. i was melting. i never knew a human could feel this much. 

the yellow sun brought out the sound of my heartbeat. 

it smelled pink. 

i come home to see a bouquet of roses. they were wrapped in black satin but they weren't at my door. i want to throw them away, but you deserve them. and i do not deserve you. i heard footsteps. i saw a glint of black eyes under dark lashes. i turn my back and two voices pump through my ears, i can hear the admiration in your words. i bury every happiness alive; i lose my breath for the very first time. 

the pink roses smelt like death to my soul. 

it tasted blue. 

we were at a club downtown. everybody was marching through the doors with bottles in hand. tequila, vodka, whiskey, wine and beer; they all smell like company to my poor heart. the parking lot was filled droves of people all ready for a confession, for a last chance. you sit beside me, matching black for once. we stare up at the star-dabbed sky, your eyes sparkle and i wish the dilation of your pupils and the happiness in your voice belonged to me. joint in one hand, pointless thought in another. you lean closer to me, cologne and smoke blurring my mind. the clock ticked closer to twelve and the drink is poured into my mouth, a little bit of it spills onto the black of my coat. you pull me over and pass the drink. your lips were as soft as the rain droplets. my hopeless heart beat once again. 

the grey smoke from your lips to my soul has never tasted more blue. 

( i don't know why I wrote this ) 

nevermind + poetry.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara